crown vs ziebart rust proofing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
. Looking to get my new rig rust proofed. Undercoat and body. Don't even have it yet :) I think there are a lot of Canadians on this forum and the other forum. They have mentioned crown and said positive things. I'm assuming they use tons of salt up there? I have used ziebart here before . I just haven't owned the vehicle long enough. They are very pushy but I have read good things about them too. The bad: krown is oil and not good on rubber fittings and ziebart is a wax and can trap moisture in. crown is around $140 annually. Z is a one time charge With annual resprays and they are negotiable. Probably around the $500 range. Looking for suggestions. This year was one of the worst here and they use tons of salt. All you guys in the south stay out of it. You don't know what winter is till you have been here or further north and you don't want to know :)

feldman28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Cc rider . I just took my wife's suv to ziebart. And was impressed with it. Had the undercoat rust proof and the diamond wax done. Cut her a deal was 750. Took my truck in for rust and wax was 650. If you buy now they said they will do the resprays for free once a year for 10 years.

feldman28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
And that was the one in Rochester on lyle Ave

OP
OP
C

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow I had mine done at Henrietta. That diamond gloss is just a Good detail job in my opinion. I think it'slike a sealer which is better than wax. But you can do it yourself for a few bucks. When I tookmine in I don't remember it saying for 10 years only. That's when you need the rust proofing most! I'll have to check the warranty.

Chris_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Canadian here.....tons of salt on roads, I mean tons...even have a salt brine they spray on the road before it snows.

Anyway.... one of my cars is a 2002 Taurus with 160,000 Km on it....washed maybe 2 times a year and never washed during the winter months Dec-April. I have Krowned the car a total of 4 times in 13 years.......................................no rust on body. all original.

There are some spots of rust under the car now...floor pan and a few other areas, not holes.. I never did it every year, because at 10-13 years old, I dont' care to much about rust...its time for a new one.

Don't need there warranty, so I would not do it every year. I will Krown my Longhorn every 2nd to 3rd year.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live in Atlantic Canada and we use lots of salt up here. I use Krown and think it is the best. I didn't have any rust on my older truck that was done every year but did have rust on my car we bought used and did use Krown. The only downside to Krown is that it will drop and run out of door handles, tail lights, etc for the first couple weeks so you will need to wash the truck after a few weeks to clean it all up.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also live in Ontario Canada. lots of salt and brine used here. I just had my truck done by Corrosion Free. It was done at a goodyear dealer. It doesn't drip and only has to be applied every 18 months. Cost was $130.00. The kicker for me was they didn't drill any body panels. Once you drill you break the E-Coat that was applied at the factory. I work at an auto plant in the paint shop and a PPG rep told me that you should never drill the body panels.
here's the site
Corrosion Free - Rustproofing Rust Cure Formula 3000

SPDKLZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited Mega Cab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Glad I don't have to deal with that.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anybody used rust check?

Steve70

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2017
Engine
When I moved to Ontario, I got the Daytona rust proofed at Krown annually. I just didn't keep it up which is too bad because now I found out that it really worked. I got my new Ram and have already booked my first appointment. Lesson learned.

Attachments

• IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3449.jpg
    IMG_3449.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Here in Ontario.
I personally have used Krown in all my vehicles for decades.
My 19' has been sprayed 5 times at Krown since purchased new.
Best time of year to spray is late spring to early summer so the heat of the season allows the product to seep into all the prime areas of ones vehicle (pinch welds, frame, etc.).
Let them rill the necessary holes so the interior body parts can be sprayed properly.
Get it done annually. It's the cheapest insurance around to protect your vehicle from rust and corrosion.

For me personally:
I have them soak my fuse box under my hood, alternator, ECM, and the entire engine (every connector, coil packs, etc.).
I also drop down my spare tire and have the underbody sprayed as well as the well of the spare tire.
I remove my taillights in their parking lot so everything is soaked back and in those areas.
I remove the tailgate panel and have them soak the inside and also the backside of that removed plate as it sits in my bed.
I have my calipers and hubs sprayed, too.

I've always had my truck done this way, and every vehicle I've owned done this way and never an issue.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Has anybody used rust check?
I use Rust Check. Had it on my 1996 2500. It has 260,000 Klms and is driven year round. Still have original paint and no rust. They use a LOT of salt and the brine here. Have had my new pickup don e too. I get it resprayed every 2 years. The vehicles are washed at least once a week during the winter.

Picture taken summer 2022.

1696010585996.jpeg

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
. Looking to get my new rig rust proofed. Undercoat and body. Don't even have it yet :) I think there are a lot of Canadians on this forum and the other forum. They have mentioned crown and said positive things. I'm assuming they use tons of salt up there? I have used ziebart here before . I just haven't owned the vehicle long enough. They are very pushy but I have read good things about them too. The bad: krown is oil and not good on rubber fittings and ziebart is a wax and can trap moisture in. crown is around $140 annually. Z is a one time charge With annual resprays and they are negotiable. Probably around the $500 range. Looking for suggestions. This year was one of the worst here and they use tons of salt. All you guys in the south stay out of it. You don't know what winter is till you have been here or further north and you don't want to know :)
Northen Ontario here and like others have said our roads are salted like it's going out of style. Have had Krown applied annually and my 2016 Ram 1500 is still in amazing condition for it's age.

On that note, please never ever under any circumstance get Ziebart on a vehicle ever again. May as well throw the vehicle away after getting it done, it will cause your vehicle to rust out quicker than if you just left it bare. I also know a lot of shops HATE working on vehicles with it applied and a lot will flat out refuse to work on your vehicle if they see it.