Daughter bought a new GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WTF did they do to them? The LS3 was one of the most reliable motors GM ever built!
I can list a number of problems with my LS7 too but knowing ahead of time instead of being a Guinea pig saved me.So I consider the 5.7 a gem compared to those “any” mileage issues.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Still wonder how I made it till now. Young and dumb (fearless) I guess! LOL
I think it was more like 10ft tall and Bulletproof,lol
All i can say,is i'm glad there were no cell phones around when we were kids,as alot of stuff we did,would probably be a viral video now,lol

2012RAM1500RT

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
All i can say,is i'm glad there were no cell phones around when we were kids,as alot of stuff we did,would probably be a viral video now,lol
A big amen to that, If I was able to be tracked back then I don't think I would have survived because of my Dad. Every time my Grandma seen me leave she'd say, "Jr, please don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly." I'd give her a hug and say "Don't worry Grandma, mine rides shotgun".

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Definitely true. In fact, it's good that some of the federal agencies we now have didn't exist at the time as well. We used to like to make our own "firecrackers", among other items that would really get someone into trouble now LOL.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
A big amen to that, If I was able to be tracked back then I don't think I would have survived because of my Dad. Every time my Grandma seen me leave she'd say, "Jr, please don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly." I'd give her a hug and say "Don't worry Grandma, mine rides shotgun".
When i was 16,we were visiting my Grandmother in Calgary,when i got a squealing tires ticket.I figured i better show it to my Dad as we were in a differant province,and a fair ways from home,the old man wasn't pleased and was giving me a hard time,up till my Grandmother told him."Callie remember how you were at his age",my Dad shut right up and never said another word,lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Definitely true. In fact, it's good that some of the federal agencies we now have didn't exist at the time as well. We used to like to make our own "firecrackers", among other items that would really get someone into trouble now LOL.
Homemade firecrackers now i'm really curious Mike,lol

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I can list a number of problems with my LS7 too but knowing ahead of time instead of being a Guinea pig saved me.So I consider the 5.7 a gem compared to those “any” mileage issues.
Any of those early LS motors were dang good. The 5.7 was a great engine, just watch the power adders.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any of those early LS motors were dang good. The 5.7 was a great engine, just watch the power adders.
For the LS7s you were extremely lucky if the needle bearings from the rocker trunions didn’t destroy your 7k rpm engine.There was a long list of victims among the Z06 owners.The speed shops loved it.

skates15

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, sorry Rick but I'm sworn to secrecy. :secret: I will say that no fingers or eyes were lost in the fun. Although that was probably sheer luck :shakehead:
Mid 70s as a child I had a black cat go off in my hand when I went to throw it. Cured me of fireworks until I was stationed in Alaska and all the youth would gather at the quarry, split into 2 groups and go to war. Sometimes there were 100 kids who would show up.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Got to see the truck tonight. Didn't get a chance to drive it cause we were leaving to go out to dinner. Gotta admit, it's nice. Leather interior. Carpeted/leather mats where the carpeted center piece snaps in and out. Auto hi beams, auto rain sensing wipers. 3 settings for different exhaust tones. A tailgate that seems like it has about 5 pieces...lol. Oh and the speakers built into the tailgate. Alot of unnecessary stuff but still a nice truck.