Disappointed Ram Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUEDERANGO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
If in fact they did put in a used transfer case under warranty they would be in some serious legal DoDo. I am not sure about laws in your state but here in California we have a State Department called the Bureau of Auto Repair. A report or phone call to them would send an investigator to the dealership and I can assure you the dealership would be cited and seriously fined. If they saw enough they would do a full audit that could result in the dealership being shut down...They don't play.

Lowrider357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man I'd love this truck if it hasn't caused me so many problems, inconveniences and time being in the shop. I'll make this as short as I can. It's a 2021 2500 6.4 Ram, I pull my race care/trailer with it. Here's what's happened. This has happened 4 times, pulling my race car down the interstate cruise set at 74mph it automatically shifted itself into 4 wheel low, what a screaming dangerous ride that was. Dealer said it was a shift control module that had rusted and corroded, this all started at 7900 miles. said it was fixed, after a few months it did it again while pulling at 55mph, another scarry ride! Took it back to dealer and the same rusted corroded module was changed. I told them to check my engine and transmission for damage after taking those hi revving low range hits at highway speeds. The assured me the engine and trans were fine! I wasn't buying it and made them check, well the transmission was full of metal! They put a new trans in after waiting and being without a truck for 12 weeks. At this point I had a case already with Ram assistance which was a horrible experience. Anyway this tranfercase did this automatic down shift 2 more times. Changed the same module again and it was ok for awhile. Over the last year and driving on pins and needles it has not downshifted into low range at speed thank goodness but it has been hanging up in 2nd gear and 3rd a couple times and will not up shift? It also would not go into reverse, it would just revs periodically and when backing up to park it's shifting into low range 4wd totally on its own sometimes? It's been back to the dealer several times and a couple times it's been that shift module corroded and rusted again, They say? Now there is a loud growling vibrating noise that's pretty bad, the service tech that drove it and felt/heard all this told me he was sure it was rear end going bad!? Remember all this started at 7900 miles, now the truck has only 35,000 miles on it now and the rear end is bad?? (I think all these drivetrain parts were damaged when it slammed into 4 wd low range while towing, something had to give, I know that's why the trans had to be changed. It's at the shop now and there telling me the rear gears are good and tolerances are good, buuut, they found metal pieces in the rear axle housing??? Has anyone experienced any of these issues with there ram? Sorry but customer service has been awful from Ram and Ram Customer Care. So disappointed in this company!
Can you tell us the name of the dealer is, so we won't take our truck to them

Bighorn_Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That corrosion you speak of sounds like the characteristics is dissimilar metals. Seen it a lot in my years of Army aviation. It’s when galvanic steel metals (say steel and aluminum) are used together with other metals that far away from its zinc characteristics in the galvanic series. You can get more info by looking at a galvanic chart.

Here’s an example… steel casing of a rear differential. On this steel differential the manufacturer (Ford) decides to mount a fuel pump relay. These two different metal types used together speeds up galvanic corrosion. Then you can potentially see what it is you’re experiencing. Just a stab at it without knowing the entire situation.

Worked on aircraft for over 20yrs… never knew about this until I worked with a Navy sheet metal guy. He taught me a lot!!!

Taifun7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have to agree with the others that said trade it in on something else and be rid of it. It sounds like it still has low miles on it so trade in value will be in your favor. Sorry about the 1.4 interest rate but down the road you might kick yourself for not parting ways with it. This could turn into a worse headache than what you already are having with it.

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it yellow. Lemon law. Or what ever they have where you are. Also if you’re in the US , ntsb would call that a recall if it can possibly injure/kill somebody . And if enough vehicles show/have the issue. Maybe call .

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Before you trade it, get a carfax report and see what they recorded when it comes to service. That will tell you whether or not to trade or sell outright to a private person or Carmax.
If he trades it in at another Ram dealer, the dealer will plug in the VIN into their system and will list the repair history. That could potentially be more dangerous than any Carfax.

And this could also be a safety issue.

Ram should buy this vehicle back and keep a good customer.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 118373 miles.

Mundo939

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Liters
If I were you, I would put all the paperwork toguether and search for a lawyer. Lemon law, used parts on warranty plus all the time you waste waiting for its repair and never gets fixed. That is pretty shady.

RickyJ108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would bring in a lawyer and mention the Lemon Law.

Joseph Godvin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like a bad wiring harness to the transfer case and shifter circuit, Mechanics these days don't have the troubleshooting skills, there mostly parts changers, coming from a Mechanics background since the early 70's.... seen it all ....especially from dealerships that I worked for !!!!

David Roark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8 e-Torque
I have a 2020 ram limited has the leather dash leather is bubbling. There were window leaks water and rear defroster. Only one section works with this since March, I have been lied to by the service manager on more than one occasion Jim Jordan Berman Chrysler Dodge, Jeep Oaklawn, Illinois. I know this is a common problem. I am dealing with Dodge ram care, which is useless. It seems wish you luck.
If your rear window in leaking, that is a very common problem and Ram finally issued an extended warranty on the leaking rear window also the faulty/leaking rear fifth light.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking of same about the lemon law thing when I started reading this and it's happened 4 times.
This really blows my mind thinking this could even engage a low gear at such a high speed...seems like it would send all occupants through the windshield or choke them out from the seat belts.i woulda thought this would shatter the whole driveline like a nuclear explosion of some sort.
This is such a dangerous situation for sure.they definitely should buy this back and send it straight to the shredder.
Pretty wild story to say the least

Uncleollie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your rear window in leaking, that is a very common problem and Ram finally issued an extended warranty on the leaking rear window also the faulty/leaking rear fifth light.
I have been told by service manager, Jim Jordan at Berman Dodge Jeep in Oaklawn Illinois that is no longer being covered as far as the dash problem goes **** out of luck, stellantis (ms fried ) told me to take my truck to dealer have dealer inspect write a quote for repairs I have to pay for the time of inspection ?? Really I’m fixing the problem myself buying GMC NEVER AGAIN I WAS WARNED BY FRIENDS BUT TOOK A CHANCE

David Roark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8 e-Torque
I have been told by service manager, Jim Jordan at Berman Dodge Jeep in Oaklawn Illinois that is no longer being covered as far as the dash problem goes **** out of luck, stellantis (ms fried ) told me to take my truck to dealer have dealer inspect write a quote for repairs I have to pay for the time of inspection ?? Really I’m fixing the problem myself buying GMC NEVER AGAIN I WAS WARNED BY FRIENDS BUT TOOK A CHANCE
That's a shame. Company is going to hell and and hand basket. I just hope I don not have that problem crop up with mine. I spend five thousand with film on truck plus a lot more accessories and can't afford to trade it now. The film is great and my truck looks as new now as it did four 1/2 years ago on the outside. With the high prices of trucks now and the amount of dollars I have spent on extras; I need to keep my Ram a little longer. Still having terrible problem with wind noise from cheap insulation on door trims. Very frustrating.