distributor needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garyfattmann101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001, 1997, 1998
Engine
who makes a quality distributor for 2001 ram 5.2 l magnum, Mopar no longer supplies. all the
aftermarket ones I find look like junk. Thought about just a new pickup plate, but even standard ignition is going downhill! any suggestions?
original lasted 545,000 miles.
or anyone have source for mopar pickup plate or distributor

thank you

Yeret

Doom It Yourselfer
Reaction score
On my back with a beer, ratchet, and cuss words
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Honestly, you might be best off just rebuilding your current one or plucking one from a junkyard engine. I've heard no shortage of stories of aftermarket distributors, especially remanufactured ones, being junk. Even the ubiquitous small block Chevies aren't safe as I not-to-long-ago read a story of a guy who went through 3 of them before he finally got one that worked right.

If you wanna spend some money, it looks like MSD offers a complete distributor for our engines. $450...

EDIT: Looks like that distributor is meant to be used with Holley's ****** (that's "s" with a word that rhymes with "piper," seriously, that's a censored word???) system, so it might not be a drop-in for our factory setup (connector looks different). Kinda an expensive gamble, honestly, not sure.

Fattmann101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would like to rebuild one of mine, problem is the aftermarket sensor plates are all crap. Anyone have any luck with standard ignition lx753 ? thanks
mopar no longer supplies oem parts.