Down shifting 2015 bighorn 2500 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I'm telling you guys... reread my post #8 and look at the snippet from the manual I posted. These truck have a great feature that I use all the time for the exact thing everyone is talking about. Are we all really that averse to reading directions? :) :)
No need to be condescending. Read it, was already aware of the feature, can follow instructions no problem. Just like a whole buch of other folks that hang out here. However, this is a featrue I NEVER use. I don't want my transmission aggressively downshifting to slow for off ramps and the like. Brakes are more controlable and do that job just fine, plus it doesn't surprise the vehicles behind you. Brakes activate the brake lights, aggessive slowing with the engine compression doesn't and at highway speeds you can easily end up with a vehicle up your p*op chute.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I don't want my transmission aggressively downshifting to slow for off ramps and the like. Brakes are more controlable and do that job just fine, plus it doesn't surprise the vehicles behind you.
^^^ this
These truck have a great feature that I use all the time for the exact thing everyone is talking about.
It might be a great feature if your racing on a track. If you're in a situation driving/towing where aggressive slowing is needed, as mentioned brakes respond faster and more predictably than the transmission will if left to decide on it's own. When towing any aggressive maneuvers should be in response to an unpredicted situation.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No need to be condescending.
Didn't at all mean to be condescending..... I thought the :) :) conveyed that but sorry if not.

I've never found it to be the least bit aggressive as it goes through the gears. In tow/haul is far more jarring in my experience... but to each their own. I was mainly pointing out the feature which I suspect many were not aware of.

Kul1g

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All 2015 transmission sucks. To be honest I would try to use alfaobd to change shifting, but only on test cars. Quick solution is to change on your wheel drive from 8 to 4 gears it will stop hard shifting when you drive slow/fast