driveshaft compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

az88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
does a 2013 single cab 2wd driveshaft works on a 2018 single cab 2wd 8speed ??

all of them are short beds.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
does a 2013 single cab 2wd driveshaft works on a 2018 single cab 2wd 8speed ??

all of them are short beds.
Nope,unless that 13 was an HFE truck and had the 5.7 with 8 speed.You need a 14 and newer driveshaft for the most part

OP
OP
A

az88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope,unless that 13 was an HFE truck and had the 5.7 with 8 speed.You need a 14 and newer driveshaft for the most part
damn, i found it for so cheap in a scrapyard and couldn't find a 2014 or newer,
So, is there no way to install it at all ?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
damn, i found it for so cheap in a scrapyard and couldn't find a 2014 or newer,
So, is there no way to install it at all ?
Not unless you're a magican and can magically change it to the driveshaft you need,lol. Your 8 speed uses a flange on both ends,and the slip joint is engineered into the driveshaft itself,the RFE 5/6 speed trucks still use a normal driveshaft that utilizes a slip yoke into the transmission. Even if you find a 14 and later regular cab shortbox driveshaft,you have to make sure it comes from an 8 speed truck,any driveshaft from a regular cab shortbox that uses a console or column shifter won't work in your truck. If the flanges off your old driveshaft are salvagable,you could probably have a local driveline shop build you a new shaft,but they'd have to access some sort of slip joint that they could fab into the driveshaft,other then that,you're probably better off sucking up the high price of an aftermarket shaft from the States. We already gave you a link to Matt Fikac at Moes,he ships world wide as far as i know.
Aren't you glad you bought a 2 wheel drive 8 speed shortbox,lol. There's days i'm glad my regular cab shortbox is a 4X4,as it still uses a normal driveshaft that utilizes a slip yoke into the transfer case. You're truck uses an oddball driveshaft,that's specific to just 2 wheel drive 8 speed RCSB's,no other truck in the Ram line-up uses a driveshaft like your truck does

OP
OP
A

az88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not unless you're a magican and can magically change it to the driveshaft you need,lol. Your 8 speed uses a flange on both ends,and the slip joint is engineered into the driveshaft itself,the RFE 5/6 speed trucks still use a normal driveshaft that utilizes a slip yoke into the transmission. Even if you find a 14 and later regular cab shortbox driveshaft,you have to make sure it comes from an 8 speed truck,any driveshaft from a regular cab shortbox that uses a console or column shifter won't work in your truck. If the flanges off your old driveshaft are salvagable,you could probably have a local driveline shop build you a new shaft,but they'd have to access some sort of slip joint that they could fab into the driveshaft,other then that,you're probably better off sucking up the high price of an aftermarket shaft from the States. We already gave you a link to Matt Fikac at Moes,he ships world wide as far as i know.
Aren't you glad you bought a 2 wheel drive 8 speed shortbox,lol. There's days i'm glad my regular cab shortbox is a 4X4,as it still uses a normal driveshaft that utilizes a slip yoke into the transfer case. You're truck uses an oddball driveshaft,that's specific to just 2 wheel drive 8 speed RCSB's,no other truck in the Ram line-up uses a driveshaft like your truck does
yes now it is either building a random driveshaft from any driveline shop for 800$ that I may have some problems with in the future
or order it from Moe's performance and sadly it will cost me almost 2000$ because of Shipping, Tax, and Customs charges.

that's why I was trying hard on scrapyards I could find a used OEM driveshaft for 300$ MAXIMUM.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
yes now it is either building a random driveshaft from any driveline shop for 800$ that I may have some problems with in the future
or order it from Moe's performance and sadly it will cost me almost 2000$ because of Shipping, Tax, and Customs charges.

that's why I was trying hard on scrapyards I could find a used OEM driveshaft for 300$ MAXIMUM.
I'm in Canada,so i can relate to the extra costs involved in buying from the States,aarrgghh, :cheers: