Easy-exit on driver seat not working since 18.45.01?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I realized sometime after I did the 18.45.01 update on my 2016 1500 Laramie that the easy-exit function on the driver seat was no longer working. I can’t pin that down exactly to changing right after the 18.45.01 update, but that is the only service that’s been done to the truck in the last 8 months. When I check in Settings the feature is still turned om. All the electric controls on the seat work fine. But when I turn off the truck, the seat doesn’t auto-retract nor does the seat move to the correct location when the truck is powered on. I tried resetting button 1 to my fob—it showed in console that it had been set, but still not working.

So, is this a problem related to the radio upgrade, or do I have an electronic module going bad, or ?? I’m not sure where to start looking.

thanks,
DG

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I realized sometime after I did the 18.45.01 update on my 2016 1500 Laramie that the easy-exit function on the driver seat was no longer working.

DG

I have the same problem after the upgrade. I reset the seat (move all the way forward, move all the way back, then set your correct setting) and it fixed it for a while but it quit working again shortly and the reset didn't work this time. Someone suggested that I uncheck the option for a few start cycles and then retry but that didn't work. I will take it to the dealer after this stay at home order is lifted as I have other issues that occurred with this update.

OP
OP
R

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the same problem after the upgrade. I reset the seat (move all the way forward, move all the way back, then set your correct setting) and it fixed it for a while but it quit working again shortly and the reset didn't work this time. Someone suggested that I uncheck the option for a few start cycles and then retry but that didn't work. I will take it to the dealer after this stay at home order is lifted as I have other issues that occurred with this update.

Thanks, I’ll try those steps on mine as well. At least now I know I’m not imagining the problem. I wonder how many more will see the issue after the update.

best,
DG

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ditto on this for me. I did exactly the same thing and it started working again. This has actually happened to me a few times and I've had to reset it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I realized sometime after I did the 18.45.01 update on my 2016 1500 Laramie that the easy-exit function on the driver seat was no longer working. I can’t pin that down exactly to changing right after the 18.45.01 update, but that is the only service that’s been done to the truck in the last 8 months. When I check in Settings the feature is still turned om. All the electric controls on the seat work fine. But when I turn off the truck, the seat doesn’t auto-retract nor does the seat move to the correct location when the truck is powered on. I tried resetting button 1 to my fob—it showed in console that it had been set, but still not working.

So, is this a problem related to the radio upgrade, or do I have an electronic module going bad, or ?? I’m not sure where to start looking.

thanks,
DG

Hi @RamInfo & @Nietzsche - If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealers, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM!

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
R

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
After running for a couple of days with the Easy Exit function turned off in the radio, I opened the door and with ignition off ran the seat all the way forward and back, then returned it to the middle. I then started the truck and turned on Easy Exit in the radio. On the next shutdown Easy Exit kicked in and is working again-for now.

So, I’m still wondering if it’s an issue with the radio and update flash, or the body control module, or a sensor/limit switch sticking, or ??
If someone has a pointer to the source of the problem please speak up.

And Ram Cares, thanks for the offer but I am between dealers right now since my former dealer treated me quite badly and deceitfully on the purchase of a new Jeep for my wife. I’ll save my $150 diagnostic fee for now, in case I find a dealer I can work with.

best,
DG

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
After running for a couple of days with the Easy Exit function turned off in the radio, I opened the door and with ignition off ran the seat all the way forward and back, then returned it to the middle. I then started the truck and turned on Easy Exit in the radio. On the next shutdown Easy Exit kicked in and is working again-for now.

So, I’m still wondering if it’s an issue with the radio and update flash, or the body control module, or a sensor/limit switch sticking, or ??

And Ram Cares, thanks for the offer but I am between dealers right now since my former dealer treated me quite badly and deceitfully on the purchase of a new Jeep for my wife. I’ll save my $150 diagnostic fee for now, in case I find a dealer I can work with.

best,
DG

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to give it a try.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

best,
DG

Thank you for taking the time to follow up with me, @RamInfo. Our team is always a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

best,
DG
It's not a radio issue from the update. I've had it happen a few times before the latest update. It seems to just be something that happens on occasion. It's pretty easy to reset in by moving the seat all the way forward and back so the (MSM) Memory Seat Module) can recalibrate itself. My buddie's truck has done the same thing. You may try replacing the Memory Module mounted under the drivers seat if it really bothers you enough but since it seems to be something that happens on occasion with these trucks I'm not sure it would be a permanent fix.

OP
OP
R

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It's not a radio issue from the update. I've had it happen a few times before the latest update. It seems to just be something that happens on occasion. It's pretty easy to reset in by moving the seat all the way forward and back so the (MSM) Memory Seat Module) can recalibrate itself. My buddie's truck has done the same thing. You may try replacing the Memory Module mounted under the drivers seat if it really bothers you enough but since it seems to be something that happens on occasion with these trucks I'm not sure it would be a permanent fix.

Thanks for posting that info. As long as I can get it working again with that simple reset, I’m good. Just didn’t want to be facing a radio or BCM issue. Thx!

DG

Cummins3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just noticed this on my 2019 2500 Laramie.... Any Fix???

OP
OP
R

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did you follow the steps in post #6?

DG