Eco Mode Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2024 1500 Bighorn V-6 (2,300 mile) does not shut down when at a stoplight. Not that i want it to, as my intuition is that it is an EPA add on, not an enhancement to the vehicle’s optimum operation. Fortunately I don’t have to deal with a lot of traffic lights. If i do, I disable the system. So my question is - Is there any reason to have dealer reactivate it? (The minimal improvement, if any, on overall fuel mileage would not motivate me to reactivate it.) More interested in any insight regarding mechanical benefits of reactivating it and any possible mechanical downsides if leaving it inoperable.) I have extended warranty so if i sell Ram, i can have dealer reactivate it if necessary.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The engine may stay running to satisfy battery charge, emissions or HVAC requirements /demands.

There's modules available that you plug into the ODB port and it retain the setting so the engine doesn't shut down when the vehicle is stopped. Unplug the module and it's like it was never there.
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

OP
OP
Deercamp

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for feedback, i don’t mind it not working so unless there is some mechanical reason to have it engaged every so often, i don't see any need to have it operational.