Electrical gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013ramboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok so I replaced my 5.7 hemi on June 24th 2024. Truck has been running great and I am doing little things to fix it up.

So recently I have been removing door panels to test new speakers, that parts fine. Speakers sound great.

Replaced headlights, lo and hi and front turn signals with phillips utilnon leds.

That worked great no issues, Used alfa obd to change bulbs to led.

Changes tail lights to same leds , no issues.

Then the other day I changed third brake lights to leds, all good lights worked perfect.

A couple hours later I start truck to go home and all hell breaks loose.

1. Service fwd lights error code c147b.

I think this is a front Differential lock actuator. Will know Monday when I replace it.

2. Brake fluid level low code c1006, I have read that the Differential lock error could cause brake issue.

3. Rear passenger door ajar shows door open when closed.

This one is really weird as the passenger rear door shows ajar when closed. Meanwhile thw front passenger door can open and close qith no affect.

I took apart every wire in rear door lock wires. Purple yellow, purple green, green yellow and solid black.

I tried to jump all wires to fake computer to think door was closed. No effect. I think it's the passenger front door wires.

I am stumped.

I would be find to use alfaobd to disable door ajar if I could.

I hope replacing Differential actuator will solve service 4wd issue. As I cannot trust it to work with it.

OP
OP

2013ramboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I defintley have an electricle gremlin. Front right turn signal shows out and it's not. Blinks fast with rear turn and mirror markers blinking too. I changed all back to halogens and still says out. The only think I see is the mirror signal has a couple leds out.
After all that now my driver high beam doesn't work it only has 6 or 7 volts.

Replaced 4wd actuator and did not fix service fwd lights. Nor brake fluid low warning. I think maybe i have a bad ground....

Replacing the actuator was easy, and it was pretty cheap So i am gonna leave new one on and save old one for now.

Last edited:

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't just throw parts at it. How old is your battery? A low battery can cause all kinds of failures. Next, check the grounds in the engine bay.