ESP BAS / CEL / Traction Light / CAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

new2trucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2010 Laramie 1500 5.7L Hemi, this morning ESP BAS light comes one, Check Engine and Traction light along with the CAL are theses all related?

I don't have a way to read codes and I tried the key-on method but got nothing.

Thoughts on what could be the issue?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Battery , have it load tested. These are common symptoms. Also a good time to clean the terminals and any grounds you can get at .

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ESP, traction control, and check engine light can all be related. The ESP and traction control are almost always tied directly together...they use the same hardware and control metrics so any issue with any part generally triggers lights for both systems. Often the check engine light will come on because of the ESP or traction control.
Step #1 is always to read the codes. There is no way you should start even trying to guess the issue before checking the codes. I will say that many cheapo scanners, including what a lot of the chain auto parts stores have, will not read the ESP and traction control codes. They are part of the braking system and usually under a separate menu.