exhaust mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tater2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
Is there any way to upgrade my stock exhaust so I can get a little more sound without voiding the emmissions warranty?

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Put a speaker under the back seat to play loud engine noises.

Dealer will find any excuse to void warranty. I can't imagine there are any options for you.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Go for it. You will be fine.

I mean I would have no problem modifying...because I wouldn't care about the warranty. If you did care about it, I would be shocked if that didn't void it.

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Depending on budget and desired brand & sound preference, you can do a muffler replacement with/without reso delete, or a complete cat-back system that was designed and engineered for optimal flow and sound.

ffeschjeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing in you're exhaust system that you will have to worry about is the manifold once the bolts snap and it starts leaking...i cant imagine the dealer voiding a warranty over a better muffler...

jason1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Cat back should not void warranty.

I swapped my muffler to an aero at3030xl just because I could feel the back pressure the stock muffler caused when towing. Feels so much better now. This is supposed to help pull the exhaust through. Super easy to swap out.

It also has the side effect of deeper rumble and sound like an actual truck.

SixAddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put the Borla cat back system on, very satisfied, no drone, zero issues. When the manifold bolts break I’ll add longtube headers and a tune.
You can go to borlas website and hear the different systems they offer. I went with the touring system and it’s plenty loud enough, can’t imagine the sport or attack systems.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Anything downstream of the catalytic converters shouldn't void your warranty.

That being said you might run into problems if you try to custom route an exhaust with hi-temp tape, coat hangers, and bailing wire. ;)

Snowghost1964

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the cracked manifold issue and this time i went with the shorty headers and just a little louder but no more cracked manifold issues

Unctannuzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2019 Laramie, borla exhaust S type , sounds great. Touring sounds like stock, stakes wakes up neighborhood

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Catbcak of muffler kit. I will say, I love the Borla kits on these trucks! The MBRP is a great option as well. Message me and we can discuss options and pricing!

OP
OP
T

Tater2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I mean I would have no problem modifying...because I wouldn't care about the warranty. If you did care about it, I would be shocked if that didn't void it.
I worry about if going from single exhaust to splitting into duel and different mufflers might change back pressure a screw up some sensor ti where I cant pass an emissions test for a inspection.

Ram2300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Is there any way to upgrade my stock exhaust so I can get a little more sound without voiding the emmissions warranty?
I have a 2023 Ram 2500 tradesmen and i immediately did a custom single exhaust. I have a cat back custom exhaust with one flowmaster 40 series on it with the tip coming out before the rear tire. Sounds awesome.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the Magnaflow on my 2500; had the same one on my previous 2500. Never had any issue anytime I had to take it to the dealership.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I worry about if going from single exhaust to splitting into duel and different mufflers might change back pressure a screw up some sensor ti where I cant pass an emissions test for a inspection.
If you are going from single to true duals maybe.

If you are determined to open up your wallet and add another muffler then make sure there's a cross-pipe before the mufflers (aka 'H' or 'X' pipe) to keep both sides connected and you shouldn't have any issue for those concerns.

Besides cost with fewer components, single out of the engine (either single muffler or cross-connected duals) does better for low-end power and true duals does better for top-end power. Swapping from one to the other will help one side of the power range and take away a little from the other.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The manifolds and y pipe are much more restrictive than anything else in the exhaust system. It will not mess with back pressure. Also catbacks and muffler kits do not effect the emissions in any way