FCA emissions recall 67A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsEngines

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
B6.7
@CumminsEngines @RamCares

Maybe I am reading comprehension challenged but this extended warranty excludes me. I have a 2016 with 208,000 miles.

“This letter is to inform you that if your vehicle completes Emissions Recall VB6 or 67A, FCA US LLC is extending the warranty period on certain emission control system components on your vehicle for the greater of: I) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 miles on the odometer (whichever comes first); or (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from date of Emissions Recall completion (whichever comes first), but not to exceed December 31, 2033 for any eligible vehicle that receives the recall after April 9, 2027.”

I don’t meet test “i” now due to mileage. If I get the recall done before April 9, 2027 I don’t meet test “ii”. So it looks like no recall warranty for me unless I wait until April 10, 2027.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Information should be on its way to Ram dealers, and their software system should be updated to reflect extended warranty programs. In the event your dealer is not informed, check the Mopar website which shows eligibility details. Ram customers will also be receiving a letter soon. Once you complete the reflash, your vehicle is automatically eligible for a special extended warranty program from Cummins. We encourage you to visit cumminsrecall.com to learn more. The information provided is directly from Cummins and has helpful FAQs and links to useful resources. FCA Customer Care is also available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. They can be reached at: 1-866-726-4636 or 1-866-RAM-INFO. Let us know if you need any further help.

CumminsEngines

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
B6.7
My experience March 2024. My Ram 2500 went for 67A recall. The minute I drove away I got engine light on. Code P2201 emission related. Have another appointment at the dealer. When I spoke with them they play solid wall. They say it may or may not be related. However Iam hearing lots of people have similars issue after performing same recall
The performance of your truck is something we take seriously. We will be sharing your comments with the appropriate teams for review. Please note if you’ve completed the software calibration update, your vehicle is automatically eligible for a special extended warranty program from Cummins. You can learn more about it, plus find helpful resources and links at cumminsrecall.com. FCA Customer Care is also available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. They can be reached at: 1-866-726-4636 or 1-866-RAM-INFO. If there is anything further we can help you with please let us know.

CumminsEngines

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
B6.7
My experience March 2024. My Ram 2500 went for 67A recall. The minute I drove away I got engine light on. Code P2201 emission related. Have another appointment at the dealer. When I spoke with them they play solid wall. They say it may or may not be related. However Iam hearing lots of people have similars issue after performing same recall
Sorry to hear about your recent experience. We take your engine’s performance seriously at Cummins, and we will be sharing your comments with the appropriate teams for review. You can find more information about the recall at cumminsrecall.com, including details for Cummins’ special extended warranty program available to recall customers who’ve completed the software calibration update. If there is anything further we can help you with please let us know. FCA Customer Care is also available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. They can be reached at: 1-866-726-4636 or 1-866-RAM-INFO.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
One has to wonder are the offering the extended warranty because it causes premature issues to the system or is it just a poor tasing bone trying to entice you to go get the update?

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What it sounds like is... "We havent fully tested the impact of this, SO... we're going to use the consumer as the guinea pig and offer to "fix" what we break for 2% of the population.

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Will FCA pay to replace components found to be bad that would prevent doing the recall, like a NOx sensor?

From what I was told, you'd have to fix what's broke first on your nickle, get the recall, and then warranty is in effect per the described terms. It would be cool if that is found to be incorrect. That'd probably help sway a significant amount of people away from deleting their trucks when they have an aftertreatment component failure.

If it's cheaper to delete it than it is to fix it, people are going to be far more tempted to do it than if that were the other way around.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
From what I was told, you'd have to fix what's broke first on your nickle, get the recall, and then warranty is in effect per the described terms. It would be cool if that is found to be incorrect. That'd probably help sway a significant amount of people away from deleting their trucks when they have an aftertreatment component failure.

If it's cheaper to delete it than it is to fix it, people are going to be far more tempted to do it than if that were the other way around.
This is the only reason I do it.

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Deleting isn't REALLY an option for anyone. It's illegal anywhere in the United States. Many have gotten away with it, most probably will continue to get away with it, but many will be caught and I would not want to be one of them.

Personally, the extended warranty is a good enough incentive for me to get it done. I'm in the sweet spot for mileage where I'll get some value out of the extended coverage and will likely swap the truck out by the time it's up.

I wish government subsidies were used to help owners keep these systems operational and reliable rather than wasted on converting viable farmland and forests into solar farms.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Remember when they put out the Recall on 2016 Eco-diesel engines

I was getting 27 MPG Highway & got the FORCED recall...
My MPG dropped to 23
about 2 years later, FCA must have beat the EPA in court,
because we were given a check for 2 Grand & they gave us back 2 more MPG, so to this day, i only get 25 MPG

Then they told us, that it all happened because FCA had not submitted the correct paperwork in 2014 or 2015

SO, there was nothing wrong with the Eco-diesels
The RECALL was so the EPA could Spank FCA & by doing so, the customers got the SHAFT TOO

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
One has to wonder are the offering the extended warranty because it causes premature issues to the system or is it just a poor tasing bone trying to entice you to go get the update?

I'm pretty sure they are trying to entice people to come in and get it done. They promised the EPA that they would update "x" % (80 something?) of the affected vehicles and are probably falling far short of that number.

I have to imagine a lot of these trucks are already over on mileage (I am) to take advantage of the extended warranty so it means nothing to me.