Firestone Destination ls3 Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is yalls take on these tires over Falken H/T tires?
Good or bad?
99% highway use,
Does anyone have these or had these, and what did you think?
Thank You for any input

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You mean the LE-3, right?

I had a set of LE 2's a while ago on a SUV, The LE 3's are newer, but similar tread pattern. Firestone offered me a heck of a deal b/c it had been a slow day during a college football (home) game. They said, if I bought them THAT day they'd give me this xyz price. I did, and they turned out to be among the smoothest tires I had owned in a long time. And quiet. I was impressed. I would have bought a set of Firestones this last time around for a different vehicle (not Ram), but their A/T tire they dropped the rim-protecting bead ...which was one of my "Must-haves". But overall, I've had great luck with Firestones and wouldn't hesitate to buy.

I can't compare it to Falkens. I've never owned a set. They didn't have both OWL and a rim-protecting bead last time I was looking a couple yrs ago (not Ram). I just can't buy a set of ugly black tires w/o white letters...lol, (Yes I am THAT shallow...ha ha). And a lot of competitors DO have the rim-protecting bead on their AT tires. So in that case I went with the Hankooks.

Last time on my Ram, I shopped around and ended up going with the Walmart Coopers HERE. They are the AT2's (not the AT-3's). They were both great-looking and *far* less expensive than anyone else. Pretty good tread too. I was concerned due to some bad previous Cooper experiences (many yrs ago)...but these A/T Coopers on my Ram run out super. They're a 115T tire so not real rough. Its going on the 3rd year for them now. I even bought two more sets of them for other vehicles (I have several vehicles). And those others run out great too...one set is a 10-ply rated. So I've been happy with the coopers.

I've tried many, many brands of tires over the years. But not Falkens...for no reson than it just worked out better on some other brand at the time. Lot of guys here have positive feedbac on them. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Falkens...just as I recall they didn't have white letters for my size and were 25% more expensive than the Coopers last time. The Walmart Coopers come on sale a lot, so keep your eyes open. Their one tire is exclusive to them, nobody can touch that price when they do. And that's the time to buy them. They also mount for free and a $3 disposal (or used to be the case). But I had mine balanced elsewhere on a Hunter Road-Force Balancer.

You might call the Firestone dealer and see what 'deals' they have running. They're always running something this month or next. If you do the warranty thing (I never do)...but if you do, you can get them warranted at many Firestone dealers, which is kind of nice. I think Discount Tire has the Falkens...and they have a lot of outlets too.

Note: I admit, some vehicles DO look better with black sidewall tires...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flip-er

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You mean the LE-3, right?

I had a set of LE 2's a while ago on a SUV, The LE 3's are newer, but similar tread pattern. Firestone offered me a heck of a deal b/c it had been a slow day during a college football (home) game. They said, if I bought them THAT day they'd give me this xyz price. I did, and they turned out to be among the smoothest tires I had owned in a long time. And quiet. I was impressed. I would have bought a set of Firestones this last time around for a different vehicle (not Ram), but their A/T tire they dropped the rim-protecting bead ...which was one of my "Must-haves". But overall, I've had great luck with Firestones and wouldn't hesitate to buy.

I can't compare it to Falkens. I've never owned a set. They didn't have both OWL and a rim-protecting bead last time I was looking a couple yrs ago (not Ram). I just can't buy a set of ugly black tires w/o white letters...lol, (Yes I am THAT shallow...ha ha). And a lot of competitors DO have the rim-protecting bead on their AT tires. So in that case I went with the Hankooks.

Last time on my Ram, I shopped around and ended up going with the Walmart Coopers HERE. They were both great-looking and *far* less expensive than anyone else. Pretty good tread too. I was concerned due to some bad previous Cooper experiences (many yrs ago)...but these A/T Coopers on my Ram run out super. It's going on the 3rd year for them now. I even bought two more sets of them for other vehicles (I have several vehicles). And those others run out great too...one set is a 10-ply rated. So I've been happy with the coopers.

I've tried many, many brands of tires over the years. But not Falkens...for no reson than it just worked out better on some other brand at the time. Lot of guys here have positive feedbac on them. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Falkens...just as I recall they didn't have white letters for my size and were 25% more expensive than the Coopers last time. The Walmart Coopers come on sale a lot, so keep your eyes open. Their one tire is exclusive to them, nobody can touch that price when they do. And that's the time to buy them. They also mount for free and a $3 disposal (or used to be the case). But I had mine balanced elsewhere on a Hunter Road-Force Balancer.

You might call the Firestone dealer and see what 'deals' they have running. They're always running something this month or next. If you do the warranty thing (I never do)...but if you do, you can get them warranted at many Firestone dealers, which is kind of nice. I think Discount Tire has the Falkens...and they have a lot of outlets too.
Yes I meant LE
Thanks for input

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm 67 and never once owned any set of Firestone tires, but,
I can't recall anyone ever saying anything bad about the Destination Series, on any forum, going back decades.

Something to be said for that I guess!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is the tire rating on the tires you have now? Do you do much/any towing or heavy hauling? Are you moving up to a larger size? Any off-roading/hunting, etc in the truck's future? Is it a commuter vehicle?

All those are factors to look at when selecting the rating of any mfgr's tire. A 115 tire rating might not be as appropriate as, say, a 126 rating tire, if you do, or plan to do heavier work with your pickup.

OP
OP
Flip-er

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is the tire rating on the tires you have now? Do you do much/any towing or heavy hauling? Are you moving up to a larger size? Any off-roading/hunting, etc in the truck's future? Is it a commuter vehicle?

All those are factors to look at when selecting the rating of any mfgr's tire. A 115 tire rating might not be as appropriate as, say, a 126 rating tire, if you do, or plan to do heavier work with your pickup.
No Towing hauling or off roading, its a daily driverI have always owned trucks, just love them.
I currently have BF Goodrich and size is factory specs, no changes in size.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Either of the tires you suggested ...you can't go wrong. Just get them Road Force balanced, which is the best balance job a guy can get. If the shop you are looking at doesn't have a Road Force balancer, then go get the other tires at a different shop (if they do).

A good balance job is highly important not only in terms of comfort, but getting the most out of your tire investment, and helping reduce driveline wear. Tires have gone up in price quite a bit last I looked. If you detect any abnormal wear on your current tires, given your truck's age, it might not hurt to have the front suspension parts inspected ...by a GOOD shop...and an experienced tech (not a newbie who doesn't know crap) to get the most out of your new tires. Beware, even a dealership might put their new guy on your truck...so make sure to TigerMom that process and make sure they put their 'good guy' on it. Less than .5mm of lower ball joint wear is what the book says. If tire wear looks even on what you have now, that's a good sign.

Best of luck :waytogo:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flip-er

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Either of the tires you suggested ...you can't go wrong. Just get them Road Force balanced, which is the best balance job a guy can get. If the shop you are looking at doesn't have a Road Force balancer, then go get the other tires at a different shop (if they do).

A good balance job is highly important not only in terms of comfort, but getting the most out of your tire investment, and helping reduce driveline wear. Tires have gone up in price quite a bit last I looked. If you detect any abnormal wear on your current tires, given your truck's age, it might not hurt to have the front suspension parts inspected ...by a GOOD shop...and an experienced tech (not a newbie who doesn't know crap) to get the most out of your new tires. Beware, even a dealership might put their new guy on your truck...so make sure to TigerMom that process and make sure they put their 'good guy' on it. Less than .5mm of lower ball joint wear is what the book says. If tire wear looks even on what you have now, that's a good sign.

Best of luck :waytogo:
Thanks for the tip