Four channels amp install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

I would like to install a four channel amp without connecting behind the radio. I know where the wires go for the rear speakers. But for the front speakers where are these wires accessible?

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Front speaker wires are accessible behind the radio or at the doors. You're further ahead to just connect behind the radio in the first place everything's there. You will need load resistors also because the minute the head unit doesn't see the speakers connected to it. It will throw an error and shut down the signal to those speakers. So it's not as simple as the old days when you could just connect the speakers to a new amp.

OP
OP
G

garnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Front speaker wires are accessible behind the radio or at the doors. You're further ahead to just connect behind the radio in the first place everything's there. You will need load resistors also because the minute the head unit doesn't see the speakers connected to it. It will throw an error and shut down the signal to those speakers. So it's not as simple as the old days when you could just connect the speakers to a new amp.

Thank you! I would never have understood why there is no sound. So it is important to install these resistors

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Yes, it's important. The OEM system is load sensitive. It needs to see resistance from the speaker or a resistor. Otherwise it will shut down each channel that has no load