Front Aux Light bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wrench78

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking for ideas on how to mount some aux lights on the front of my 2017 Ram. I'm not trying to drill 100 holes everywhere. What kind of mounts are you all using? Show me some of your pictures for ideas.

MOGG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mounted an Oracle Lighting Skid plate (for Jeep JL/JTs) on my 2016 Power Wagon. Just two holes in the supports that are behind the air dam (your 1500 might be different?)
A plus besides the added lighting (mine are yellow, so the 'down low' mounting really help with fog and dust) is the skid plate protects my steering box support (DOR unit).

sp1.png
sp2.png

Let me know if you would like better/clearing photos. The above are just cropped photos.

website photo
orc.png

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been happy with my Westin. It's stainless steel and mounts where the tow hooks are bolted in so no holes to drill. 7 years in the salt belt and still looks good. If you live in a climate where salt is used on the roads, anything else will start to rust within one year and look like crap within a few years, even the powder coated products in my experience.

I like individual lights versus a light bar so I can aim them where I want. I have the center lights aimed straight ahead and the outside lights aimed off to each side.

IMG_3800.jpgIMG_3802.jpg

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've removed the active grille shutters and the deflectors behind the grille. Utilized factory threaded holes and these bolted right in. Had to do some minor trimming to the inside of the upper grille shell to fit without hitting and tilting the lights.
image.jpg

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use a custom fabbed license plate mount to hold my 7” Night Rider lights. Sturdy, no shake and NO DRILLING HOLES.IMG_3243.png

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have 7 inch round light to go behind the grill and I have lights in the hood nostrils
IMG_0642.jpeg