Fuel Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roman Raxas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys!!! I have Ram Rebel 2016. 5.7.

The display showed 150+ kilometers (90+ miles). I came home and decided to wash my truck, after that I Have massage "Low Fuel" (remote start don`t work too). What happened, who knows?

OP
OP
R

Roman Raxas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Roman, when the "low fuel" message in present it disables the remote start to prevent the truck from running out of gas.
Yes, I see that, but I don`t know why I get this massage after wash :(

OP
OP
R

Roman Raxas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys thanks everyone for your advices! ;)

I poured gasoline today, and after driving a little, the sensor worked again and slowly increased the distance that still remained. I don`t know what it was been and how it works... But now everything is fine! :head3:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you just ran the to tank to almost empty and was wondering why you had a low fuel message in the dash? Or you may be experiencing the symptoms of the fuel sensor level that is about to fail.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
So you just ran the to tank to almost empty and was wondering why you had a low fuel message in the dash? Or you may be experiencing the symptoms of the fuel sensor level that is about to fail.

That's what will end of happening. Just a matter of time.

OP
OP
R

Roman Raxas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes... and no. I was surprised by this, because before I saw a lower distance, and there was no message "Low Fuel".

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The low fuel light and distance to empty mileage are partially dependant on the truck's current average fuel economy. It's not unusual to see the DTE to increase when traveling on the freeway for long distances when the truck primarily does city traveling.

OP
OP
R

Roman Raxas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The low fuel light and distance to empty mileage are partially dependant on the truck's current average fuel economy. It's not unusual to see the DTE to increase when traveling on the freeway for long distances when the truck primarily does city traveling.
Thanks!!! I did not know it :)