Gun Storage in Tradesman?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bootlegfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just picked up one of these to mount either under the dash or along the center console.
GCS- Gun Control System
A very quality piece of kit, made in the USA, and fairly cheap really.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just picked up one of these to mount either under the dash or along the center console.
GCS- Gun Control System
A very quality piece of kit, made in the USA, and fairly cheap really.
That's nice for storage, but I would never use it with a loaded firearm.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a serious problem with sticking anything in the barrel of my guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a serious problem with sticking anything in the barrel of my guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, especially with metal dowels. It needs to be plastic to avoid damage, but I see nothing wrong with it for fun safe storage.

If it's metal, I definitely wouldn't use it in a vehicle...too many bumps.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have a CWP, a 5 shot S&W 38 revolver in an ankle holster makes a lot of sense. It’s been my experience that when seated in a car it is noticeable and awkward to draw a weapon from a hip mounted holster. An ankle holster is a natural for discretely & conveniently drawing when seated. I’m reluctant to leave a weapon in an unattended vehicle. However an easy access out of sight mount would make sense for my P229 or P226 when travelling. When traveling in hostile territory a quality vest allows for easy access to one on my Sigs.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have a CWP, a 5 shot S&W 38 revolver in an ankle holster makes a lot of sense. It’s been my experience that when seated in a car it is noticeable and awkward to draw a weapon from a hip mounted holster. An ankle holster is a natural for discretely & conveniently drawing when seated. I’m reluctant to leave a weapon in an unattended vehicle. However an easy access out of sight mount would make sense for my P229 or P226 when travelling. When traveling in hostile territory a quality vest allows for easy access to one on my Sigs.
J Frame S&W for the win.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
On my hip when driving. If I get in an accident and is incapacitated, the LE, EMT or coroner will also know where it's at. Not flying around or picked up by a "concerned citizen". Or picked clean at the tow yard. The 18 months I was EMT, I seen 5 cases of weapons just go ****.

if not driving and momentary leaving the vehicle, I try to slow down any attempt to steal. I have one of those metal lock boxes with the cable tether.

I wish there was a way to lock up the tray under the radio, the Ruger 1911 govt fits as well as the Kimber micro9