HOOD LATCH NEEDED??? 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroRobin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
A bit confused, please forgive me if this has been covered already.
I have purchased AlfaOBd for Windows and the OBDLink EX. (Originally to use to add OEM Brake Controller as my Reese Controller Under Dash is dying giving ERR readings).

Concerning activating the Remote Start feature on my 2016 1500 Big Horn. I have remote lock, electric windows... My key fob is the type that must be inserted into ignition and turn. So, I assume I must get a new Key fob with Remote Start Button (mine does not have this) and go through the appropriate steps through AlfaOBD.

BUT - HOOD LATCH, this is where I am confused. I have watched several Videos on YouTube and haven't seen the Replace Hood Latch. But I have read several posts on this forum saying it is a must do. Any Advice will be appreciated.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Yep, you have to have the hood latch w/sensor or else when you try to use the remote start feature, you'll get the message "remote start cancelled hood ajar".

If you don't have access/ability to program the remote start feature, you'll have to make a trip to the dealer.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to get ahold of John Lance on Facebook. Super knowledgeable guy who sells factory remote start kits for cheap (among many other things) and will walk you through the process. Cost me less then $50 to do mine through him. He’ll give you new buttons for your existing key(s) so you won’t have to order and program any more. Link to his profile: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007737137301

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattman1332