I think im screwed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OberonZed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So i hope ypu all can give me some insight as i have all but lost hope.

2013 1500 5.7l Outdoorsman
My local shop says i need a BCM and there are none to be found locally apperantly. They said they got 3 in this week from their junkyards and were all the wrong ones. All the stuff i see online shows discontinued. I called the dealer also discontinued. I am frantic i just dropped 3k in it last month cause the truck is in beautiful shape and the rear end went.. please any direction or hope would be appreceated

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

LKQ have used BCMs

for instance

OP
OP
OberonZed

OberonZed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Short list, no passenger front lights, drivers tail lights, horn, and cant put into gear without depressing the bypass.

OP
OP
OberonZed

OberonZed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
GT, i did check online and those that say they fit mine when i put my vin # they do not match seems mine is a 1 of

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GT, i did check online and those that say they fit mine when i put my vin # they do not match seems mine is a 1 of
Who did the Diag a dealer? if so I would get a second opinion if you have not could be something as simple as a ground wire to the BCM ect havent heard of these failing much tbh.

OP
OP
OberonZed

OberonZed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Who did the Diag a dealer? if so I would get a second opinion if you have not could be something as simple as a ground wire to the BCM ect havent heard of these failing much tbh.
Wasnt the dealer was the local shop. What scares me is if i pay to get it Diagnosed and it is the BCM and still cant get it then what.. i get your point a 2nd opinion is prolly best then cross the what ifs then. But toss more money into it is kind of scary

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
what could be different on your Outdoorsman

maybe it is a 2500 ?????

maybe it is a 4 wheel drive & that makes iot special ?

Go to a DODGE Dealership, go into the PARTS Department

Wait until all the real customers leave, they have business with the parts Dept.

You are there to get information:

When all of the Customers leave, smile big & ask them for the Part Number for the BCM for your particular Ram. They Will ask for the Rams VIN.

If the nearest dealership is far away, then Contact Benny at

OP
OP
OberonZed

OberonZed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh i have the part number given by the dealer i called. I disnt leave it up to my local shop to do the rescesrch
Mopar number. 4692251AH

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go under your drivers side dash and get the actual numbers off your Bcm incase the dealer is giving you the wrong part number

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh i have the part number given by the dealer i called. I disnt leave it up to my local shop to do the rescesrch
Mopar number. 4692251AH

When I look up your truck and BCM part# on the McKinney Mopar Parts site, It shows a ton of superceded part numbers as being appropriate for your truck.

Like almost everything Mopar, the actual specific part# that came on your truck would have been updated and superceded many times over the years, and various dealers around the country will randomly stock various iterations of each.

I ended up with the same issue on my power steering rack, the original part# was unavailable, because it had been superceded a dozen times since the truck was made by updated versions of the same part. I ended up getting one that 99% of the internet said wouldn't work on my truck. It works perfectly.

So, here is what I get when I look up your truck and BCM part#

1719450915421.png

Also, the list a 2nd BCM option, and it's associated superceded part numbers.

1719451043686.png

Go to their site, and enter your truck's info. Look at the list of superceded part numbers. Unfortunately, most of the dealer parts counter payasos seem to have no idea that "unavailable", usually means that an updated part is available, and has a different part number.

The clowns at Rairdon Dodge in Bellingham pretty much told me that I had to scrap my truck and buy a new one, because the power steering rack/pinion was "discontinued".

Last edited:

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ken, thanks for this info, i will be doing more digging tomorrow.

This one has a part# from the superceded list. 4692251AG, it says in the listing.

Also, If you havn't already you should probably make a backup of your current BCM. So that when you get a replacement, you can restore the backup data to the new BCM. Unless, you are going to have a dealer do that part of it.

OP
OP
OberonZed

OberonZed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also, If you havn't already you should probably make a backup of your current BCM. So that when you get a replacement, you can restore the backup data to the new BCM. Unless, you are going to have a dealer do that part of it.
Yeah, i have no idea about any of that, now that i know what i have to do i can look around for a shop to do this for me. Obviously have to go to a different shop now cause apprently the one who has my truck now did not get this far with the part number thing and now i surely dont trust them to do any of the other stuff. Atleast i know where to start looking and go from there and i am not stuck with a perfectly good usless truck.
Thanks to all that helped in this effort. If /when i get this going again ill post back with the out come.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
With Chrysler parts, usually the 1st generation of a part number will have a suffix of AA

Example: 4692251AA

Then the part gets updated or modified or improved. The part number would then be:

4692251AB

The next mod would end in AC, etc., etc.

rammus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L, ULP, 8 SP AUTO
Man, parts availability issues drive me nuts. Have you considered looking for a good used BCM from a reputable salvage yard? Might save you some headaches and cash.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
May be a simple as a factory bcm reflash from dealer

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'd be checking the TIPM all BCM connectors for corrosion and broken wires before messing with the module.

Given it's location, I've accidentally disconnected a plug from it with my foot before while driving.

Real easy to damage a wire in all that mess.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwightLightning