If there's a dumber center console setup than the Gen 5...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You do not like the center console in yer 5th Gen? I find mine does what it needs and holds a lot of extra BS, maybe just my POV.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...I'd like to see it. What team of idiots engineered this? Is there an aftermarket setup available? My search came up dry.

Cheers

Bob
I was in my neighbor’s brand new 24 Nissan Titan the other day helping him get his Android phone work with Nissan system. The design on the Ram is light years ahead of the Titan. The Titan was not near as functional or laid out well. But maybe I am biased since I got a RAM.

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was in my neighbor’s brand new 24 Nissan Titan the other day helping him get his Android phone work with Nissan system. The design on the Ram is light years ahead of the Titan. The Titan was not near as functional or laid out well. But maybe I am biased since I got a RAM.
Same thoughts on the Titan. I test drove one before I got my Ram and did not like the infotainment setup at all. Seemed boring and like it was an afterthought. Still waiting on an anchorsaweigh to tell us what he doesn’t about Rams setup.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Maybe they can not find where it was posted
anchorsaweigh

Military
Joined May 2, 2014
Last seen Today at 5:35 PM

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thoughts on the Titan. I test drove one before I got my Ram and did not like the infotainment setup at all. Seemed boring and like it was an afterthought. Still waiting on an anchorsaweigh to tell us what he doesn’t about Rams setup.
Troll. Just wanted to throw out a ***** session

OP
OP
anchorsaweigh

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, the sliding tray for one. The entire forward under-storage is useless if you have to remove stuff from the tray to slide it back for access. If you need to keep the separator flat between the forward and aft part of the under-storage then stuff that you put in the forward end can slide all the way (or half-way) to the rear and you have to dig for it because the area directly under the middle part is nearly inaccessible.

@Randy Grant : A little presumptuous on your part.

1. When looking for any vehicle (and this is my 7th RAM) you may not know you dislike something until you use it.
2. Not many people I know check the operability of a center storage console before a purchase. It's a center console facrissake, it shouldn't be too complicated.
3. I merely stated that I don't like the design and that it could have been better engineered. NOT that it should put someone off from purchasing the truck altogether.
4. Troll? Is your definition of a troll someone who simply states a dislike or is critical of something? Wow, that's a pretty damn broad paintbrush you have.

Cheers

Bob

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, the sliding tray for one. The entire forward under-storage is useless if you have to remove stuff from the tray to slide it back for access. If you need to keep the separator flat between the forward and aft part of the under-storage then stuff that you put in the forward end can slide all the way (or half-way) to the rear and you have to dig for it because the area directly under the middle part is nearly inaccessible.

1. When looking for any vehicle (and this is my 7th RAM) you may not know you dislike something until you use it.
2. Not many people I know check the operability of a center storage console before a purchase. It's a center console facrissake, it shouldn't be too complicated.
3. I merely stated that I don't like the design and that it could have been better engineered. NOT that it should put someone off from purchasing the truck altogether.
4. Troll? Is your definition of a troll someone who simply states a dislike or is critical of something? Wow, that's a pretty damn broad paintbrush you have.

Cheers

Bob
Thanks for clarifying what you didn’t like about the center console.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I will admit that upon first purchase it can take a little getting used to and sorting out. The day I picked up my 23 I laid the purchase papers down inside somewhere in the excitement and when I got home I couldn’t find them. I searched everywhere front, back, between seats, under seats, in glove box, in above glove box storage, in the console lid and tray, etc. Had to go back to the dealer the next day to get a copy of the papers. About a week later I found them down in the very bottom of the console under the tray. But it does have a lot of utility and storage.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will admit that upon first purchase it can take a little getting used to and sorting out. The day I picked up my 23 I laid the purchase papers down inside somewhere in the excitement and when I got home I couldn’t find them. I searched everywhere front, back, between seats, under seats, in glove box, in above glove box storage, in the console lid and tray, etc. Had to go back to the dealer the next day to get a copy of the papers. About a week later I found them down in the very bottom of the console under the tray. But it does have a lot of utility and storage.
Perfect place to store chit U may not need for 6 years, lmao.

Added: Think console ok but there are times I do wonder wat person designed. Seems to me on a lot of stuff these brilliant engineer types design stuff but Neva consider the maintenance/repair issues and access to stuff ref working on.

Last edited:

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Cheers

Bob
But isn't that what this forum lives on. We all presume that the OP is either stupid, over educated, and or knows absolutely nothing about these trucks, or because of the nature of the question/statement are just shaking the tree to see what kind of nuts fall out. But my fix and/or question is non the less still valid.
Personally though, I identify as a pi-can.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
C'mon guys, fight nice. We're just discussing the center console here. It's not like we're arguing about anything critical like what causes the hemi tick or why do hemi lifters/cams fail. It's okay to have differing opinions about it.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like my center console. I have few if any complaints about it. It looks good imo. It hold basically what I want/need it to hold. It can be a bit of a pain I can see if someone were to keep quite a bit of stuff in it...you would probably have to take everything out just to find the one thing you are actually looking for.