Introductions - 2025 Rebel 3.0 SST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Hurricane SO
1st post, howdy ya'll.
I wanted to join the forum to keep an eye on trends that develop overtime with the 3.0 SST, see what performance mods come out of the woodwork, and get inspiration from builds.

Been eyeing rams for about month and started a 2025 Flame Red/Night Factory build August 8th, ($59K+ MSRP for $53K out the door).
59k MSRP gets you Big Horn Nigth edition/Level 2 tech/ 3.0SST motore /3.92 rear / Trailer brake / Quad cab.

I Ordered on 08/06/2025 with no commitment and on 08/31 I got the email advising the ETA for delivery was 11/09. I knew it COULD be that long, but I was hoping for quicker and really didnt want to make 3 more payments on my current vehicle and have to re-register my old vehicle at end of September. So went into shopping mode.

Local dealership had a 2025 SST/3.92 Hydro Blue Rebel for (MSRP $67K) $59K. Arrived on Lot in April - 1st sold in June, returned to dealer 2 months later with 1,700 miles on it. So i snatched it up and for 58k with existing warranty. So $9K off MSRP with 1.7K miles. Now it's in my driveway about 5k over my build cost - but get so much more bells/whistles with it.

Traded in my Lifted 22' JLU Wrangler (Willys) on 35's. Couple reasons for the switch from wrangler.
1) Factory built the wrangler with a manual transmission- Found towing really sucks with the manual. Backing the heavier trailer up my steep driveway is a pain in the ass while feathering the clutch. Only being a 6spd instead of 8auto has the jeep fighting for the right gear to maintain RPM/speed when towing on the highway. Had 3.73's in the rear and should have paid 2-3K for a gear change but never pulled the trigger. For anyone considering a jeep - I loved hte idea of manual so much i special ordred it but found out the auto's are the way to go. You also dont want to be on the trail and accidently roll back into your buddy's ride behind you - It never happened to me - but you get it. They were recalled for clutch fires - and feathering the clutch while backing my trailer up i defintily smelled my clutch a time or two.
2) MY wife and I both work form home and live "in town". In 3 years i only put 9k miles on the jeep. Almost every time I wanted to go somewhere I opted to jump in my wife's Grand Cherokee instead becaues it rode so much nicer, was more comfortable, and hers was remote start (cold winters here). Only going 1/2 mile - Eh, I'll just jump in the grand cherokee real quick. Want the engine to come up to temp - lets just remote start hers. Going 30 miles - I should take the cherokee as it rolls better over the highway.... The wrangler always drew the short straw - so mostly sat there.
3) Needed more tow compacity. Bought a 3k lb tractor (so need a biggeer trailer as well) that I now need to haul 2 hours up to camp. I also got a bit tired of pulling the trailer every time i needed to buy a couple 2x4's, take bottles to the redemption, buy something big and boxy, etc.

With the Rebel I can always throw the trailer on it when i run out of bed, but will rarely need to for my use.

This Rebel is already checking all the boxes for comfot, sporty for the mud rutted camp road, quick at stop lights/merging, and useful. I didnt think i'd use the technology in it - but the adaptive cruise and front bumper park sense is really nice.

Got a pending window tint appiontment, and outside of bed liner - I dont see much else needed for the truck until exhausts start coming on the market for it.

ProsperRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (eTourqe)
Welcome! I boughht a 24 limited in April. Curious how the in-line 6 performs.

OP
OP
Randzilla

Randzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Hurricane SO
I'm happy with the get up and go, I'm sure its even more noticeable on a lighter truck that doesn't have heavier tires/wheels, skid plates etc. We'll see how how the twin turbos do in the colder winters.

As others have stated - the exhaust is quiet - which robs some of the fun factor. We'll see how long it takes aftermarket suppliers to release upgrades.

With that said - for an "off road" truck - it rolls down the highway real nice, way better than my jeep did.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome

Jd3443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L etorque
Nice find. Curious to hear how your gas mileage is as you use the truck in various roles.