Issue with radio, heated seats and HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jstewart839

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I apologize if this has been discussed, but i don't know what to search for to find any related posts so i am starting a new one.

I have an issue that has recently popped up with my 2013 Ram 2500, Laramie. When it’s cold I can start the truck, everything works fine. I drive off, and the radio will go silent. I can’t turn it up or down. I can hit the mute button and it shows the radio is muted, then hit it again and it will tell me the volume level it is set at, but no sound comes out. I also noticed that when this happens, it will shut the heated seats off and the AC button won’t respond, the defrost button won’t respond either. I can change channels, change the HVAC through the radio (8.4 uconnect) and the zones will change, but no response from the manual buttons. It will not come out of this state until I shut the truck off and restart it.

I have noticed that it won’t happen if I don’t have the heated seats/steering wheel turned on. I went in to my settings and shut off the option to have them come on automatically. While that seems to be preventing it from shutting off, I miss that feature.

Has anyone experienced these issue? It seems that maybe I have an issue with the heated seat/steering wheel that causes this. Would it be an overcurrent issue? I have no idea where to start.

Thanks for any assistance.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I apologize if this has been discussed, but i don't know what to search for to find any related posts so i am starting a new one.

I have an issue that has recently popped up with my 2013 Ram 2500, Laramie. When it’s cold I can start the truck, everything works fine. I drive off, and the radio will go silent. I can’t turn it up or down. I can hit the mute button and it shows the radio is muted, then hit it again and it will tell me the volume level it is set at, but no sound comes out. I also noticed that when this happens, it will shut the heated seats off and the AC button won’t respond, the defrost button won’t respond either. I can change channels, change the HVAC through the radio (8.4 uconnect) and the zones will change, but no response from the manual buttons. It will not come out of this state until I shut the truck off and restart it.

I have noticed that it won’t happen if I don’t have the heated seats/steering wheel turned on. I went in to my settings and shut off the option to have them come on automatically. While that seems to be preventing it from shutting off, I miss that feature.

Has anyone experienced these issue? It seems that maybe I have an issue with the heated seat/steering wheel that causes this. Would it be an overcurrent issue? I have no idea where to start.

Hello Jstewart839,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concerns. Please reach out to us privately with your VIN, and we can try to take a further look into this from our end.
Laura
RamCares

PPaulson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
Did you ever find a fix for this issue?

I have a 2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn with the exact same symptoms that you described.

lelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ramcares

I got the same problems with my 2013 3500 Laramie... what could it be???
T.I.A

Ram man 3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Did you ever find a solution i have exact same problem