Key Fob Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I have a 2021 Warlock using this older style key fob
I am worried about where the key chain hole location that the metal key will come out when I least expect it and lose the fob
Anybody suggest a cover, a holder, or some type of modification to secure it better to my key chain?
Thank YouIMG_1616.JPG

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That slide latch doesn't pull back easily, you would probably have really bad luck for it to come apart without intentionally moving it.
Your more likely to push the buttons unlocking/locking, setting off the panic alarm or even remote starting the truck while it's in your pocket than the latch coming apart.
If you invest in AlfaOBD you can program a replacement fob and have the key cut fairly inexpensively

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I have a 2021 Warlock using this older style key fob
I am worried about where the key chain hole location that the metal key will come out when I least expect it and lose the fob
Anybody suggest a cover, a holder, or some type of modification to secure it better to my key chain?
Thank YouView attachment 545577
They have a ton of them on Amazon and Etsy. I’ve never had mine fly out so far. It’s actually difficult to get it out sometimes.

OP
OP
T

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
They have a ton of them on Amazon and Etsy. I’ve never had mine fly out so far. It’s actually difficult to get it out sometimes.
I am rough on my keys crawling on the ground under my new truck I panicked when it came apart, the metal key was still attached to my key chain and it came apart losing the key fob, I even went to extreme and taped it together

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I am rough on my keys crawling on the ground under my new truck I panicked when it came apart, the metal key was still attached to my key chain and it came apart losing the key fob, I even went to extreme and taped it together
I can understand that. Whenever I’m crawling under my truck I make sure to put my keys somewhere safe that I won’t lock them in but they’re not in my pocket. Like the gas tank. Just because I’m scared of breaking my fob. They’re cheap to get. (Amazon for 25 gets you 2 but you have to program them and get them cut).

OP
OP
T

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I can understand that. Whenever I’m crawling under my truck I make sure to put my keys somewhere safe that I won’t lock them in but they’re not in my pocket. Like the gas tank. Just because I’m scared of breaking my fob. They’re cheap to get. (Amazon for 25 gets you 2 but you have to program them and get them cut).
yes, but it's $125 to cut and program them and most professional locksmiths want to sell you the new key fob they look down on you when you bring your own unprogrammed key with you

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
@Tom57 Do you own AlphaOBD App yet? Along with a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle? Links in case: Alpha Link & BT Dongle One of the many things you can do with it, is program your own FOB's. There's a whole thread on this site you can literally spend hours on learning about what and how to make those changes yourself when you have these two tools.

With all my vehicles, I always get at least a 3rd FOB for it. Too many teenage years of lost keys/FOB's/etc. If your local locksmith store/truck doesn't have the hidden key in the FOB your discussing coming out on this thread, you can buy them rather cheap tbh. Here is a link for the hidden FOB keys if your local locksmith doesn't have them: FOB Key Link (I'm not affiliated with this business, just sharing)

Also, if you check out the FOB section, they sell both OEM and 3rd party FOB's as well in case you need one of those. I've bought both from Ebay and Amazon myself, but always good to have other options as well. RAM FOB LINK

Definitely a way to save some money over the long haul....

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
1719602561097.png

Premium Car Key Fob Case Universal Leather Car Smart Key fob Holder for Remote Key Fob Keychain case Key Fob