Rear Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MunichDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello everyone, I have a question on rear shocks. I replaced my stock rear shocks with the Bilstein part number 24-187374.
I love the shocks as they ride and handle great! The issue I am having is the shocks must be a lot longer because now every time the truck is put on the lift my rear springs fall out of place. I didn't notice this until recently and I don't have the stock rear shocks to measure. Has anyone had a similar issue with this??? Would anyone be able to tell me the full extended length on the stock rear shocks?
I don't want to have to worry about my spring falling out of place every time it's put on the lift.
Thank you for any and all help. I appreciate it.
Dave G

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t think the shock is strong enough to push it up. It should still sag regardless. you can probably put spring spacers in there to make up the difference. I’m sure they probably make whatever size you need just measure what gap you have.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What I found in another post on this forum is the stock shocks are 25.5 inches, measured center to center of the upper and lower shock bolt holes.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello everyone, I have a question on rear shocks. I replaced my stock rear shocks with the Bilstein part number 24-187374.
I love the shocks as they ride and handle great! The issue I am having is the shocks must be a lot longer because now every time the truck is put on the lift my rear springs fall out of place. I didn't notice this until recently and I don't have the stock rear shocks to measure. Has anyone had a similar issue with this??? Would anyone be able to tell me the full extended length on the stock rear shocks?
I don't want to have to worry about my spring falling out of place every time it's put on the lift.
Thank you for any and all help. I appreciate it.
Dave G
Is it possible that was not the part # that way installed and what sway bar endlinks do you have?