Lane sense and other issues with my 2023 RAM 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vasi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Found the truck I wanted. Drove from St. George Utah to Denver to make the purchase from a Ford Dealer. I was told it went through a 51 point inspection. After the drive home, here is what I found:

1. The passenger windshield wiper does not work.
2. The window tint is too dark, probably not legal according to my service advisor at the RAM dealership.
3. The oil life information shows 50%. So either the oil was not changed, or the data was not reset.
4. Lane sense shows the icon change to yellow, but there is no steering wheel input
5. When shifting from reverse to drive, the forward camera does not show the forward view.
6. Emergency stop does not work.

1. The wiper was fixed by tightening the bolt.
2. I have not yet verified the tint issue. I mentioned this to the salesperson and he suggested Utah laws are different thtthan Colorado laws regarding tint. I think it is too dark for Colorado. I will call the Colorado State Police on Monday about the tint.
3. I will ask the sales person for proof regarding the oil change.
4. I have the original widow sticker and Lane sense is not listed as a separate item, However, the Lane sense on/off button is installed and the Lane Sense icon is active. Lane sense Warning is set to Early, and Lens Sense Strength is set to High. With the Lane Sense button set to ON, when the truck crosses the line, the icon changes to yellow but there is no input to the steering wheel. Is there a setting I missed, or is steering wheel input not a feature?
5. Is it Normal for 2023 3500 to not show the forward view when shifting from reverse to drive?
6. The truck s adaptative cruise control. Brakes are applied as needed when a speed is selected. Does Adaptive speed control need to be on to enable emergency stop?

G/T jonny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
On my 2022, The Lense does not actually make steering corrections (like it does on my wife’s Acura). The steering gets “heavy” as if the roadway was crowned at the edge and you have to add additional steering input to get over that Lane edge.
I’ve only seen front camera view when I touch the surround view button on the Uconnect. The only automatic switching I’ve seen is when I shift reverse, you get the rearview cam.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Especially since it's a 23 they will at times list is on Carfax and that usually states if service was performed and if any accidents also. As for the wiper arm, they probably had a new windshield installed (see if it has a ram logo is on the lower passenger side or a aftermarket name) after market windshields will at times give a slew of issues to newer vehicles because of the cameras and sensors on the rear of the mirror.
Window tint-- if legal and you still don't like it have a window tint guy remove it.
Since it's a 23 it is obviously covered by the B2B and bring to a ram dealer to have it recalibrated or see what issues it may have.
Lane Sense. (I hate it) But yes it will make automatic steering inputs to keep you in the lane. I have it on my son's 300c and thought the steering was out of alignment because of what it was doing. This feature is only good for people with narcolepsy lol. We have it OFF
As for all the other features and how they work I advise you to read the owners manual. If not provided go and register on the Mopar website and the manual will be on that for you to reference.

Last edited: