Large Recall for Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
I've not gotten a notice and just got back from a 1700 round trip to Louisiana and used the cruise for the entire trip and never had a single issue. I think these re-calls are a bunch of b/s.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I've not gotten a notice and just got back from a 1700 round trip to Louisiana and used the cruise for the entire trip and never had a single issue. I think these re-calls are a bunch of b/s.

The issue only occurs if there's a problem with the system, such as a shorted wire. So it working (as mine does as well) is not surprising, that just means our trucks haven't had any damage to the wireing. The recall changes the system so that if an issue DOES occur, then the the system shuts the cruise control down instead of leaving it active, that's all. It's a preventative measure, not a fix for an active problem.

-K

JohnCh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Got mine “fixed” on Friday. Didn’t think to test when I left the dealer. Just tried it and the cruise control doesn’t even turn on. I guess that’s one way to fix it. back to the dealer soon I guess. I had them install a break controller as well and I’m not sure that is working either.

DamnRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got mine “fixed” on Friday. Didn’t think to test when I left the dealer. Just tried it and the cruise control doesn’t even turn on. I guess that’s one way to fix it. back to the dealer soon I guess. I had them install a break controller as well and I’m not sure that is working either.

Ugh, please don’t tell me this, I have to have the recall done and I installed my brake controller but need it activated. ‍♂️

valvestem

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Details: arrived at dealer at 1015 for 1030 appointment, on my way at 1030 all done. I have to say I thought it would take longer.

JohnCh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ugh, please don’t tell me this, I have to have the recall done and I installed my brake controller but need it activated. ‍♂️

Just drove it again. It worked on my way out, but not on the way home just now. Hitting the on/off button doesn’t give you the icon on the instrument panel. It just doesn’t come on. The break controller isn’t seeing my trailer, but that could be my trailer causing that. It’s pretty old.

JohnCh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just drove it again. It worked on my way out, but not on the way home just now. Hitting the on/off button doesn’t give you the icon on the instrument panel. It just doesn’t come on. The break controller isn’t seeing my trailer, but that could be my trailer causing that. It’s pretty old.

One again, another they trip to Home Depot world on the way there, but not on the way back. Seems like every drive the cruise control works.

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Im going in next friday. doing the brake pin one also. i just hope it goes well. the only dealer in 100 mile and they well. I dont want to go.

Turbo67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2007
Engine
5.7, 5.9
Mine was easy and painless, had them flash for my new brake controller I just installed also.

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't gotten a notice in the mail but on the FCA recall check page it shows up for my vin.

Haven't called dealer yet, my ram will be out of commission this week (getting roof dent fixed... Thanks tonneau cover!)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone with a 32 gal tank had this recall applied? Just wondering if the "improved" gas tank accuracy is a just a general improvement or if it addresses the 32 gal tank being seen as a 26 gal tank.

2017 RAM 1500 CC, LoneStar, Black Pearl

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Has anyone with a 32 gal tank had this recall applied? Just wondering if the "improved" gas tank accuracy is a just a general improvement or if it addresses the 32 gal tank being seen as a 26 gal tank.

Interesting.....

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thats part of a different flash.

Not a recall, technically, but its part of the software that adds AutoPark if you dont already have it.

I dont have the 32 gallon tank, but even if I did I would not be taking that "upgrade" because AutoPark is a hindrance IMHO. If they force people to get it thats one thing, but at least allow it to be turned off in certain cases (i.e. backing up with the door open to judge distance)

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
I'm not checking the recall web page. Feels like bad MoJo.

They're gonna have to send me a letter......

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats part of a different flash.

Not a recall, technically, but its part of the software that adds AutoPark if you dont already have it.

I dont have the 32 gallon tank, but even if I did I would not be taking that "upgrade" because AutoPark is a hindrance IMHO. If they force people to get it thats one thing, but at least allow it to be turned off in certain cases (i.e. backing up with the door open to judge distance)
You're right. My bad. I currently have both the cruise control and auto-park recalls showing up. Got them mixed up, regarding which one said it also addresses the gas tank thing as well.

My truck already has the auto-park function, straight from the dealer - bought it in February of this year.

I only know I have it because I inadvertently turned the truck off while it was still in reverse. At which point the key cannot be taken out, all of the shifter lights flash for a couple of seconds and then you hear a couple of clicks and the truck goes into park, allowing me to remove the key...

Seems like a stupid feature, but nothing that will cause me heartburn.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're right. My bad. I currently have both the cruise control and auto-park recalls showing up. Got them mixed up, regarding which one said it also addresses the gas tank thing as well.

My truck already has the auto-park function, straight from the dealer - bought it in February of this year.

I only know I have it because I inadvertently turned the truck off while it was still in reverse. At which point the key cannot be taken out, all of the shifter lights flash for a couple of seconds and then you hear a couple of clicks and the truck goes into park, allowing me to remove the key...

Seems like a stupid feature, but nothing that will cause me heartburn.

The AutoPark function is actually different. I think *all* trucks work like yours (including mine): if you shut it off in anything but Park, it will automatically put it in park. But thats not AutoPark (lol), BTW, if you have remote start, it will not work on the next start if the truck had to automatically select Park when you last shut it off. DAMHIKT.

AutoPark will put the truck in park if it is in gear, the driver door is opened and the brakes are not pressed (its up in the air if seat belt status and vehicle speed are also factors). REALLY annoying if you have to back up and open the door for a better look. My truck currently does not work that way and I will refuse the added functionality.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The issue only occurs if there's a problem with the system, such as a shorted wire. So it working (as mine does as well) is not surprising, that just means our trucks haven't had any damage to the wireing. The recall changes the system so that if an issue DOES occur, then the the system shuts the cruise control down instead of leaving it active, that's all. It's a preventative measure, not a fix for an active problem.

-K
My statement isnt directed at you. Does the malfunction prevent the brake from working? Didn't think so ;-)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Chris, my 2018 2500 CC SLT factory tow pack is at he dealer again for exhaust leak. The invoice says at the bottom, reprogram U61 campaign. reprogram PCM. Is this the "backup door open" correction you are talking about. If so, think I can just tell them Do Not run that program change. Fitz