Low Voltage Battery light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intoodeep713

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie, Crew Cab 4 Full-Size Doors, Four-Wheel Drive, 5.7L V8 Gas

I changed the spark plugs and coils
I changed the fuel injectors
I changed the alternator and belt
I changed the battery
I changed the battery fuse on the positive terminal
I changed the black box on the negative terminal

And after all of that work the low voltage battery light is still on and if anyone can help me with what the problem is I would be so grateful

Thank you

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
As you likely learned, firing a parts cannon at a problem usually does nothing to fix the issue but is very successful at draining your wallet.

Most of what you changed has nothing to do with a low voltage indicator and a new battery does not mean the battery is good.

I would start by measuring the voltage at the battery (battery posts and battery terminals) while the engine is running. If the voltage is 12.2 or something like that, it would suggest the alternator isn't working. If you measure a voltage around 13.5 or so, then the system is working and you have a battery connection issue or a grounding issue.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
a new battery does not mean the battery is good.
neither does a new alternator, there's been a couple of alternators that were replaced only to have the new one is bad also reported on the forum.