Magnaflow vs Flowmaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*tim*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the 24" and it was a little loud for me just because I do a lot of hunting. Other then that it's perfect sounds great on start up and wot. No drone on the highway either. My only complaint is the sound when it drops down to 4 cylinder mode. My muffler guy charged me $75 to install it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I wouldnt think it would be any more difficult then changing out the y pipe. They charge $30-$40 here in OK for that. I had my true duals installed with (2) MF 14" mufflers and 12" tips for $225 OTD. That included buying the mufflers and tips.

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Honestly though, I would have been happy staying with my original setup which included a MF Y pipe and a FM super10. It sounded very similar at idle to my current setup and zero loss of low end. I have a slight low end loss now, but the top end screams and the sound at WOT is pretty wicked. I think, if I did it over again, I would go duals and stick with a chambered muffler though like a FM40 or equivalent MF. Good luck Sir!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Guess I missed this thread.

Love my flowmaster

[yt]_p_7woV6fYw[/yt]

mel5151

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try Borla! Should be a few videos around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dave I did not know you had a 22 can you post a vid?

Hey bro. I took a video (it turned out terrible) and tried to post it to youtube, but it said "uploading" for six hours and then I gave up...

I'll try again tomorrow... maybe my 2.5 year old daughter can figure it out, she has an iPad and can navigate that thing like you wouldn't believe! Lol!

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I second the MF 22. I just had the MF 22 cat back kit installed along with a MF Y pipe. I think it sound amazing. It has that deep I'm a truck sound to it yet it's quite when at cruising speeds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ Well put. Does yours have any gurgle at all?? Mine just has this constant deep rumble, and at wot it roars.
With regular driving the sound is quit moderate, though.
I'll be doing the Y pipe next, too.

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ Well put. Does yours have any gurgle at all?? Mine just has this constant deep rumble, and at wot it roars.
With regular driving the sound is quit moderate, though.
I'll be doing the Y pipe next, too.

No gurgle. At idle it's weird, it has a deep rumble but it's not loud, It's just perfect lol. I'm currently running with mds off but I didn't notice a drone with it on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
This last set up on mine sounds just about as good as it gets... Check out the you tube vids...

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah, I kind of like the gurgle which is why I like FM but its going to be waayy to loud for me I think. and once I get it welded on its not coming off so I think the 22 is safe. I know what they all sound like from idle I just want to here one at WOT. Im hoping it sounds like the challengers/chargers do with Magnaflows..

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just bought the 22" Magnaflow (12588). Cant wait for it to come in. Order it from our vendor GotExhaust.com great people to deal with, smooth transaction I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for exhaust systems or mufflers.

When I get it in I will take some video as there are not a lot out there of the 22", maybe this thread will help some one in the future.

Thanks for the help on my purchase guys!!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats man, nice choice! Sorry, it seems I am too stupid to take an exhaust video and post it for you. I tried again last night...

Anyways, if you want clean, deep sound with no gurgles or drone, but a nice roar at WOT, than you will be happy with it!

BTW, when I took off my exhaust tips recently, the sound was nearly gone, so if you run into that, consider big ass 5" MF tips. ;)

2batruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought the 22" Magnaflow (12588). Cant wait for it to come in. Order it from our vendor GotExhaust.com great people to deal with, smooth transaction I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for exhaust systems or mufflers.

When I get it in I will take some video as there are not a lot out there of the 22", maybe this thread will help some one in the future.

Thanks for the help on my purchase guys!!

Yes let us know what you think of the 22' magnaflow. Interested to know.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had got the 22" muffler and went with it dumped an it sounded almost stock, couple weeks later got pipes out back with 4" tips sounds good now, there's a big difference

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Congrats man, nice choice! Sorry, it seems I am too stupid to take an exhaust video and post it for you. I tried again last night...

Anyways, if you want clean, deep sound with no gurgles or drone, but a nice roar at WOT, than you will be happy with it!

BTW, when I took off my exhaust tips recently, the sound was nearly gone, so if you run into that, consider big ass 5" MF tips. ;)

Post it to YouTube and then post a link to the YouTube video... That's the only way I could do it...
Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

what sound was almost gone? not sure I follow what you mean

lol just post it to youtube and link it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what sound was almost gone? not sure I follow what you mean

lol just post it to youtube and link it

I have the MF catback with 22". I took my exhaust tips off to have them powder coated and most of the deep rumble was gone.

My point is, don't be disappointed if the sound isn't what you hoped for with just the muffler and your stock tips. You can add the MF 5" tips and it adds alot to the sound. :)

Attachments

• MF 5 tips.png
    MF 5 tips.png
    46 KB · Views: 307
OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Gotch. Ill try it the way it is then ill just have the shop chop tge resos off later.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've got the 22 and MF Y pipe. Sounds really nice with the resonators still intact. Quiet during normal driving, loud at WOT.