manifold bolt diy fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

professor00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I got the AFE headers and they came with the fel pro gaskets and I used the hardware that they came with as well. Lotta good advice here to not end up in the same boat as me lol.
I don’t think I would have been able to complete the project without a stubby flex head ratchet wrench to tighten down the new header.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So, you’ve just punted the problem down the road for a while. Eventually, after repeated heating/cooling cycles it will leak when the header warps due to the uneven clamping force. The good news is you have it running again, so you can drive it to a shop that can pull the header and do a proper extraction and repair on that broken bolt.

Best,
RI

OP
OP
P

professor00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
So, you’ve just punted the problem down the road for a while. Eventually, after repeated heating/cooling cycles it will leak when the header warps due to the uneven clamping force. The good news is you have it running again, so you can drive it to a shop that can pull the header and do a proper extraction and repair on that broken bolt.

Best,
RI
yup just needed it running