Missing Parts????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought a 2021 Laramie and it didn’t have the full covers either. I thought it was odd…

I could be wrong, but I believe they are optional on Laramie models as well? I think it has gotten to the point where they are only supposed to be standard on longhorn/limited, which is a shame. They all cheap out somewhere though I suppose.

David Kennedy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it has one
Answer is All truck manufacturers literally don't give a ******* and this is the way they screw the buyer and the way things are done in MEXICO OR CHINNAHH!

Jrh2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I might consider buying them at the dealership and putting them on myself. Road noise, debris, and corrosion justifying the cost IMO. Then write Uncle Chrysler a letter given ‘em a little “product marketing” input. They might get the point, maybe not.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Just took delivery of a 2021 3500 DRW Longhorn Limited. Had to drive nearly 300 miles to get it (limited inventory). When I got home and was really looking her over, I noticed what appears to be a missing wheel well panel (middle) on both side of the rear fender well.
Contacted the dealer and they filed a (so they claim) a “mis-build” report. They come back to me saying as odd as it sounds, they don’t put that panel on the trucks any more. Ironically my salesperson found a part number.
I contacted FCA and they are just saying the same as the Dealer.
I am no mechanic or body person, but it seems to me the missing panel is “ripe” for debris and moisture to accumulate causing issues down the road.
Be nice to know if other with the same package have the same issue. This is an August 2021 Build.
See picturesView attachment 471697
I )think at least) that only the 1500's have those wheel covers.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
I could be wrong, but I believe they are optional on Laramie models as well? I think it has gotten to the point where they are only supposed to be standard on longhorn/limited, which is a shame. They all cheap out somewhere though I suppose.
You're right Joe, at least for the 1500 5th gens. They are standard on the Longhorn and Limited models only. All other models they are an option, at least through 2021 model year. However, the OP is asking about a 3500, and I'm not privy to the options on those models. It is very possible it's different for HD's.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're right Joe, at least for the 1500 5th gens. They are standard on the Longhorn and Limited models only. All other models they are an option, at least through 2021 model year. However, the OP is asking about a 3500, and I'm not privy to the options on those models. It is very possible it's different for HD's.

That's the part I wasn't sure of, if it was any different for the HD's or not. It would seem strange but as we all know, stranger things have happened. Maybe someone here with a 2019+ HD longhorn or limited can help out and let us know if theirs came with them standard or not.

JDSR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Let me jump in and say it looks like they were installed because if you look close at the bed supports you will see sticky pads and below at the mounting/screw hole, it’s been used. Someone needed for their truck, could have been in transit or at the dealer. IMO

Snapglen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
I had to buy those for my 2007 3500 when I purchased it new. I figure I'll have to do the same when my 2022 3500 comes in.