Mushy brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Worktruck2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. Driving my 2015 yesterday brake pedal all of a sudden got real soft. When I first hit the pedal I felt the pressure but then it got soft immediately and just kept going. Limped home and checked everywhere… no leaks and the system has not been opened recently. Even when pedal is all the way down it’ll stop the truck so I decided to limp to work this morning. Don’t worry, only 5 miles and all country backroads. On the way home it acted perfectly fine so I’m thinking master cylinder or possibly foreign debris in fluid. I think a new master cylinder and fluid flush should solve this. Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like master cylinder, purchase an OEM one make sure you bench bleed it before you install it, they usually give you the lines to do so, or make your own, looks like you need a fluid flush how many miles on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Worktruck2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
250k so I’m thinking it’s due. I don’t mind doing it, this truck don’t owe me a thing.