Need electrical connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medicineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted in quite a while.

I am looking for the electrical connector that connects directly to the evaporator fan motor of the air conditioner condensor. I have a 2005 Ram 1500. Has the A/C system as most Ram and other products.

My A/C stopped working properly and I changed the relay. Upon further checks I found that by touching the connector to the fan or by bending the wire where it enters the connector the fan would work and so would the A/C
If anyone knows the part number such as Auto Zone, Orillys, Dorman Etc. I would appreciate having it. Local auto part companys say there is no replacement for it.

Many Thanks,

Medicineman

Slinge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try a Search for a pigtail for your Ram on Ebay

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
Some times you can remove the bad wire and replace the post or fix the post. You may be able to replace the post or get the removal tool from Del City, or similar electronics place

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted in quite a while.

I am looking for the electrical connector that connects directly to the evaporator fan motor of the air conditioner condensor. I have a 2005 Ram 1500. Has the A/C system as most Ram and other products.

My A/C stopped working properly and I changed the relay. Upon further checks I found that by touching the connector to the fan or by bending the wire where it enters the connector the fan would work and so would the A/C
If anyone knows the part number such as Auto Zone, Orillys, Dorman Etc. I would appreciate having it. Local auto part companys say there is no replacement for it.

Many Thanks,

Medicineman
Cut the pigtail off,and solder/hardwire in a generic trailer connector

OP
OP
M

medicineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the suggestion. A generic trailer connector is about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter. The plug in to the electric motor on the fan is about 3/16 to 1/2 inch in diameter. and is oval in shape.

I will check out the possiablity of making it work.

Thanks again,

Medicineman

OP
OP
M

medicineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This truck is my special project. Once I decided to keep it I had all 5 wheels brake calipers, rotors and wheel bearings replaced. Then moved on to water pump, power steering pump and coil packs, and spark plugs. A month later I replaced the alternator, put in dual batterys, cold ait air with dual intakes. I had the air conditioner syserm completely replaced, including the fan and motor I mentioned in my post. I just can't find that connector which has became unstable. Had the transmition gaskets replaced, and oil in the differentials with synthetics. Replaced all U joints, and mufflrd. Replaced the radiator with a dual core. Then I had a custom dual color paint with 3 coats of clear on it. I would leave for Alska in it , however, I want the A/C working...lol

Medicineman

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441