New 2021 Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Thank You for allowing me to join.
I love these forums cause we share and learn a lot about our trucks.
I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Warlock like new for only 7000 miles clean title. I was always a F-150 guy but with the problems I had with my low mileage 2016 I said NO MORE FORD'S !
I am totally dumb about the 2021 Warlock I bought - I picked it cause of the low mileage and great price, my first impression is it's easy to drive, feels solid and I picked the 3.6 V6 cause I don't want NO MORE TURBO'S - I went old school, antilog gauges, manual 4x4, I am sick and tired of all the power options, digital gauges cause that breaks down.
My Warrior is a basic stripped down model V6, GVWR -6800, 3.21 rear. I don't tow or haul much and if I do tow it's under 5000 lbs.
If you could share any information about it I would greatly appreciate it.
What I know is it's a new generation 2021 but it's the Classic model same as the older generation with the older body style and 5 bolt wheels? Could anybody help me figure that out?
Thank You
A new Ram ownerIMG_1614.JPG

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome and congratulations. I also have a 21 Warlock but mine is the 5.7l yes it is a 4th gen classic. I bought mine new with 10 miles and now I am at 60k miles only issue I have had is that the passenger front window regulator went out. Other than that no issues

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Tom, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride. I’m sure you realize how comfortable it is to drive. ! The only issue to be aware of is the oil filter housing. It’s plastic and sometimes it will crack. There is a metal replacement available. That being said, my 16 wrangler has the same engine with 150000 miles and 0 issues. Changing plugs and air filter is kind of a pia, but overall I’m sure you’ll be happy . Enjoy

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Thank You for allowing me to join.
I love these forums cause we share and learn a lot about our trucks.
I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Warlock like new for only 7000 miles clean title. I was always a F-150 guy but with the problems I had with my low mileage 2016 I said NO MORE FORD'S !
I am totally dumb about the 2021 Warlock I bought - I picked it cause of the low mileage and great price, my first impression is it's easy to drive, feels solid and I picked the 3.6 V6 cause I don't want NO MORE TURBO'S - I went old school, antilog gauges, manual 4x4, I am sick and tired of all the power options, digital gauges cause that breaks down.
My Warrior is a basic stripped down model V6, GVWR -6800, 3.21 rear. I don't tow or haul much and if I do tow it's under 5000 lbs.
If you could share any information about it I would greatly appreciate it.
What I know is it's a new generation 2021 but it's the Classic model same as the older generation with the older body style and 5 bolt wheels? Could anybody help me figure that out?
Thank You
A new Ram owner
Welcome aboard, Tom! Nice looking truck. Reminds me of the 2017 Rebel I used to own. Just to clarify a few things you mentioned...
Other than the EcoDiesel engines, Ram didn't use turbo's on their 1500's until the current 2025 models.
The analog gauges in your truck are actually digitally controlled. You can't get actual old school analog gauges in anything anymore.
Your Warlock is in essence a 4th gen (DS) Ram 1500. When shopping for aftermarket or replacement parts, it will be much less confusing if you enter your truck as a 2018 Ram 1500.

OP
OP
T

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Welcome and congratulations. I also have a 21 Warlock but mine is the 5.7l yes it is a 4th gen classic. I bought mine new with 10 miles and now I am at 60k miles only issue I have had is that the passenger front window regulator went out. Other than that no issues
Thank You for the welcome, funny you mention that about the window regulator cause my driver side window sounds a little rough compared to the other windows, but no big deal I got an in house extended warranty thru the dealer that I have confidence in. I picked the V6 for gas mileage and it didn't have turbo's and engine cyl deactivation - nothing against the 5.7 V8 I wanted a simple old school engine cause I had it with the past pickups with turbo's and engine deactivation - and had issues in the past with auto 4x4 so I got the old fashioned manual 4x4 - I was that guy that bought a new pickup every 2 or 3 years and owned every make and model but this is my first Dodge Ram, in my past experience simpler is better

OP
OP
T

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Tom, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride. I’m sure you realize how comfortable it is to drive. ! The only issue to be aware of is the oil filter housing. It’s plastic and sometimes it will crack. There is a metal replacement available. That being said, my 16 wrangler has the same engine with 150000 miles and 0 issues. Changing plugs and air filter is kind of a pia, but overall I’m sure you’ll be happy . Enjoy
Thank You for the welcome..... WOW 150K miles ? Happy to hear that. I fully understand that plastic oil filter cap and will be careful . I have a good ear how the engine sounds on the V6 sounds smooth - I love it cause it's simple and looks easy to work on. Yes it is comfortable and driving all other makes of pickups this one is easy to drive and I noticed it has a tighter steering radius that's better for getting in and out of tight parking spaces. My friends wanted me to buy the new Silverado but on the test drive it felt like a toy to me - felt cheap and generic, the Dodge Ram feels solid, secure and easy to drive. I am sending it out to get undercoated cause even my former aluminum F-150 rusted out - the undercoating being used is a mix of lube similar to Fluid Film and fiberglass resin that I know other owners had great success with it

OP
OP
T

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Welcome aboard, Tom! Nice looking truck. Reminds me of the 2017 Rebel I used to own. Just to clarify a few things you mentioned...
Other than the EcoDiesel engines, Ram didn't use turbo's on their 1500's until the current 2025 models.
The analog gauges in your truck are actually digitally controlled. You can't get actual old school analog gauges in anything anymore.
Your Warlock is in essence a 4th gen (DS) Ram 1500. When shopping for aftermarket or replacement parts, it will be much less confusing if you enter your truck as a 2018 Ram 1500.
Thank You for the welcome. My former pickup was a 2016 F-150 and while always sitting in the dealers waiting room all day getting it worked on I learned that EVERY truck with the digital screen gauges need replaced - I was told the LED screen is a liquid that can't take the temperature changes between hot and cold and that's why they fail, yes I know my analog is digital but it's not a liquid screen - that's my understanding. It's sad to me that Ram did away with the 5.7 Hemi and replaced it with a turbo engine for the 2025 models, in my past experience I will never-never-never own anything again with a turbo cause of the problems. I'm keeping my new V6 non-turbo forever and I would suggest you do the same keeping your 2017 forever

OP
OP
T

Tom57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I got my truck from www.blueknobauto.com - they are a mega used car dealer in my area, they gave me $4000 higher trade in than other new truck dealers and this 2021 is like new with only 7000 miles, I did test drive one with a 5.7 Hemi it was a beast with loads of power but it was $5K more and it had 30K miles, I also test drive the Silverado but for some strange reason while sitting in the drivers seat my whole body would slide tight to the drivers door and I had to constantly correct myself, and it just felt cheap and generic + it cost more with higher mileage. My friend with me wanted me to buy the Toyota Tundra with a V6 turbo , never in a million years I wouldn't take that even if they gave it away for free, they had a lot of Nissan Frontiers but I need full size cause you can haul and tow more with a full size and get the same gas mileage than the smaller-mini pickups. There's a battle of what full size gas engine pickup gets the best gas mileage it's between the Ram with the 3.6 V6 and the F-150 with the 2.7 turbo, I wanted good gas mileage so I believe I made the right choice with the 21 Ram Warlock with the 3.6 V6 with only 7000 miles. I did the Carfax on it, its clean no accidents the body panels and paint matches I crawled under it and it's like new on the underside even the exhaust looks new. Also I wanted the manual 4x4 cause I did own the auto 4x4 in the past that I believe is dangerous and a waste that you can't feel confident in, I need to control the 4x4 myself - I am a true believer that you have to drive much different in 4x4 but when the auto 4x4 kicks in by its self you can't react quick enough to prepare for it that I believe it's dangerous.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank You for the welcome, funny you mention that about the window regulator cause my driver side window sounds a little rough compared to the other windows, but no big deal I got an in house extended warranty thru the dealer that I have confidence in. I picked the V6 for gas mileage and it didn't have turbo's and engine cyl deactivation - nothing against the 5.7 V8 I wanted a simple old school engine cause I had it with the past pickups with turbo's and engine deactivation - and had issues in the past with auto 4x4 so I got the old fashioned manual 4x4 - I was that guy that bought a new pickup every 2 or 3 years and owned every make and model but this is my first Dodge Ram, in my past experience simpler is better
When my window regulator went out it was maki g a pop noise when I went to roll down the window. Mine was covered under extended warranty also. Im glad you got what you like thats the most important thing. I know what you mean about turbos I live in phoenix area and its way to hot for tubos. I know a lot of people who have issues with them out here. I just dont like the 3.6l thats why I stick with the 5.7l. I have owned a 2 v6 challenger one was the 3.5l and at 32k it dropped a cylinder and I owned a 3.6l challenger and at 58k it had metal in the engine. Its probably just my luck with the v6 lol. Glad you like it. I dont have auto 4x4 mine is electric I do miss the stick. Mine is basically a stripo also.