New motor recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yupp I have the 8hp70 trans and a challanger 6.4 in my truck. Been strong for roughly 3 years now. I love it. Just need a tune and basic hand tools nothing crazy.
I was thinking the car and truck blocks were slightly different? Obviously, if they are it didn't affect you being able to install it in your truck?

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I was thinking the car and truck blocks were slightly different? Obviously, if they are it didn't affect you being able to install it in your truck?
Timing cover / accessory drive / oil pan /intake manifold etc. are differant between the cars and trucks,but the blocks are the same.
You just transfer everything off your truck engine onto the car engine

OP
OP
T

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Fraser Motor runs awesome! Of course going from one running like crap is pretty easy to do better. Frase was great to work with so far. I am just now ready to do its 500 mile oil change and will be running Valvoline 10/40 synthetic blend with a bottle of zinc additive from here on. All in I was about $11k motor install and a tranny flush.

OP
OP
T

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Timing cover / accessory drive / oil pan /intake manifold etc. are differant between the cars and trucks,but the blocks are the same.
You just transfer everything off your truck engine onto the car engine
Everything pulled over just fine. I did replace all of the belts, tensioners, hoses, gaskets, exhaust manifolds etc. I now have a truck that should run great for a couple hundred thousand more miles. Call Fraser to speak with a sales person instead of relying on their online order. They know the right questions to ask.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The Fraser Motor runs awesome! Of course going from one running like crap is pretty easy to do better. Frase was great to work with so far. I am just now ready to do its 500 mile oil change and will be running Valvoline 10/40 synthetic blend with a bottle of zinc additive from here on. All in I was about $11k motor install and a tranny flush.
Just out of curiosity why are you going to run 10/40 and not 5w30 or 5w40 synthetic oil after break in?