OEM Hemi Exhaust on the V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I’ve seen a lot of posts about switching out the v6 exhaust for the true dual Hemi v8 exhaust. Has anyone done this and have any advice and or tips? I have a huge plan if I could ever afford it and this is the main issue I’m facing.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’ve seen a lot of posts about switching out the v6 exhaust for the true dual Hemi v8 exhaust. Has anyone done this and have any advice and or tips? I have a huge plan if I could ever afford it and this is the main issue I’m facing.
I've had mine on for nearly 10 years without issue. You can do it with or without a dual cutout bumper as the rear tips are adjustable. You can add the second exhaust hangar for the extra pipe as the mounting location should already be on your truck. Plug and play, did it by myself with the truck on the ground and the (cold) exhaust on my belly...

OP
OP
G

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I've had mine on for nearly 10 years without issue. You can do it with or without a dual cutout bumper as the rear tips are adjustable. You can add the second exhaust hangar for the extra pipe as the mounting location should already be on your truck. Plug and play, did it by myself with the truck on the ground and the (cold) exhaust on my belly...
I got an offer for a cut up exhaust from a hemi, he asked if I wanted it from manifold back or down pipe back. Any clue which one I would need. I’d think down pipe but I wanted to ask

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would guess manifold back to include the catylitic converters .

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got an offer for a cut up exhaust from a hemi, he asked if I wanted it from manifold back or down pipe back. Any clue which one I would need. I’d think down pipe but I wanted to ask
Muffler and back. The parts you will need are the muffler, tail pipes (x2), and exhaust tips (x2). If you can, try to get the rubber exhaust hangers too from the muffler on back. He shouldn't have to cut anything...

OP
OP
G

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Muffler and back. The parts you will need are the muffler, tail pipes (x2), and exhaust tips (x2). If you can, try to get the rubber exhaust hangers too from the muffler on back. He shouldn't have to cut anything...
I didn’t see the full thing. He said the cats got cut so I’m guessing they got stolen and he straighted it. I didn’t ask much but he said it was a stock hemi and from the pictures it had the double tips at the end