Old guy with new to me 2017 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This also happened to me. I opened the FOB and found the disc had moved. The remote start feature started the engine without my knowledge. I was able to superglue the disc back in place and use it as my backup. Would’ve bought a new one but figured it would be costly and programming necessary. So far no issues.
That works, too. But you can get the cases and swap the rubber and contacts. I've done both of my FOB's over the course of time. I just reuse my outer case and circuit board.

Mine doesn't have remote start,but when it failed, it was super- sensitive, would lock very rapidly several times.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This also happened to me. I opened the FOB and found the disc had moved. The remote start feature started the engine without my knowledge. I was able to superglue the disc back in place and use it as my backup. Would’ve bought a new one but figured it would be costly and programming necessary. So far no issues.
You could always buy a new fob, from Amazon or wherever, and swap the original internals over to the new one. I did that works fine.