P0868 solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRB357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I bought a used 2016 2500 5.7 for my work truck. Threw a P0868 before I got home from dealer. LOL. Anyway after researching a bit I finally got around to figuring it out today. First thing I did was check fluid level. I got the tranny up to temp running some errands then came home, parked it in my level spot, left it running in neutral w/parking brake. Level was very high and fluid had bubbles. High level and low level can throw P0868. So I hooked up fluid extractor and would you believe it was overfilled by 3 1/4 quarts????? Amazing. Anyway went for test drive and it shifts way better and code went away on it’s own. I’ll update after I get some more miles on it. I’m going to go ahead and change fliters anyway bc that fluid is a little darker than I’d like it. So don’t start spending money and changing stuff for P0868 until you are positive fluid level is correct.IMG_4880.jpeg