PA emissions inspection and 2500 gassers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
That's a shame. I'm not a government-basher, I'm an over-reach basher. These agencies are micro-slicing regs for lack of a further mission.

I almost lost my mind with powergen engines in certain places, PA being one such.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yeah technically a 2500 needs to be a 4a.

Lately I have seen the race car guys registering theirs. Class 7 as there was a crackdown on them...but not sure how much had to do with the people also owning a business.

The registration process is a bit confusing.

Some go by unlaiden weight...some go buy what you plan to load it to...some go by gross vehicle...some go by your gross combined. Usually, you register your trailer seperate...so not sure if the combined has to do with nit registering your trailer...who knows...no one gets a straight answer.

I thought maybe because you were a class 3 is why your son had to do it. But @Mistwalker says that doesnt matter.

Just trying to help find a cheaper way than trading a good truck.

Sorry I was of no help. PA does some stupid ****.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
PA does alot of stupid stuff. I have lived here my whole 52 years and it just keeps getting worse...lol