Rack and pinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is anyone having problems finding an electronic rack and pinion for Dodge Ram. Been waiting for almost 1 1/2 months. The shop I have it at said the shipping company can’t find the shipment.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do a search. 1.5 months is low by historical standards. But the new racks supposedly are 'improved' vs buying an older used one. So if price isn't a killer, it's probably worth waiting it out I guess.

Hope you get your truck back soon as possible :waytogo:

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If mine ever goes bad il probably be the first to swap it back to regular old power steering lol already priced it out its about $600.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If mine ever goes bad il probably be the first to swap it back to regular old power steering lol already priced it out its about $600.

Sounds good, but ...Have others done it w/o much trouble? How would it play with the stability control, etc? And what about later trucks with driver aids? Will the PS pump just bolt into place? Would there be EPS and other error (failure) lights blinking all the time or can they be turned off? IDK the answers ...just asking. Seems like the trucks are designed around EPS.

But if it was a fairly easy swap-over on earlier tks, you wouldn't have to worry about expensive failures anymore.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds good, but ...Have others done it w/o much trouble? How would it play with the stability control, etc? And what about later trucks with driver aids? Will the PS pump just bolt into place? Would there be EPS and other error (failure) lights blinking all the time or can they be turned off? IDK the answers ...just asking. Seems like the trucks are designed around EPS.

But if it was a fairly easy swap-over on earlier tks, you wouldn't have to worry about expensive failures anymore.
Not sure about newer trucks mine is a 2014 all holes are still there it will bolt right up all i got to do is go to a u pick it yard. I am sure with the rack unplugged I will have a check engine light Il cross that bridge when i get their I wont mind if its on tho if truck drives normal.

Hoeoperator320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure about newer trucks mine is a 2014 all holes are still there it will bolt right up all i got to do is go to a u pick it yard. I am sure with the rack unplugged I will have a check engine light Il cross that bridge when i get their I wont mind if its on tho if truck drives normal.
Is there a write up on this? What parts does it use?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If there was an 'overseas' software that elimnated the EPS, for example where maybe Rams have hydraulic steering (Brazil or Saudi Arabia maybe??)). And maybe military usage? IDK.