Radio blares loudly at Startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ran White

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
When I start my 2019 Ram 2500 with the small screen display the Radio comes up FULL VOLUME and volume knob, off button, does not respond. Turning off the truck will shut it down, but radio has loud static until I open door to remove all power to console. This happens several times, then it will come up “normal”. While it is in the blaring mode, when you press the start button the engine starts WITHOUT pressing the brake. ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO TO GET THIS FIXED? I know it will be a “can not duplicate” at the dealer and I will have to pay for a diagnosis with no results.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first place to start is load testing the battery regardless of age. Then, checking connections and grounds. That's my first thought unless someone can speak from experience on these coinciding failures.

bushyrem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 1500 Classic. When listening with the key off (after you first have shut the engine down) the radio randomly comes on full volume for a few seconds then back to normal. It never does this whie driving and isn't much of a problem but it sure wakes me up when I'm trying to nap.