Ram 1500 transmission fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slinge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
%.7
It was actually posted in the OPs first post,lol
I guess I didn't ask correctly....as I was looking for a Hemi vid....but I'm over it.
And if anybody's interested....vid of spinning driveshaft and wheels would be nice .
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
CHEESUS folks. Calm down. It's transmission fluid. Everybody relax. If you're feeling taxed by answering questions, don't answer them. IT'S NOT THAT HARD. Not everyone is a seasoned wrench-turner and they need a little extra padding to feel good/build confidence about what they're doing.

Uh, ok.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I guess I didn't ask correctly....as I was looking for a Hemi vid....but I'm over it.
And if anybody's interested....vid of spinning driveshaft and wheels would be nice .
Thanks in advance.
You're inside the truck when you're going through the gears,and the driveshaft is spinning.Make sure the front tires are well chocked as J stated a few posts back,and you're using good quality 6 ton jackstands , leave your floorjack under the pumpkin with just a bit of weight on it,and you'll be fine.
At no point in time,should you be under the truck when the driveshaft/tires are spinning

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter

I've took another look at this thread and the post(s) that were made.

The original post by the OP has two videos on and about the transmission pan/filter replacement and fill and the post was "hijacked" by an individual endlessly asking for an video, in return, advice and experience was worded on the subject.

I thought that that I did one better by taking my time and post a simple explanation without having to revert to the original post by the OP.

I'll stay on my side of the street, from now on.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I've took another look at this thread and the post(s) that were made.

The original post by the OP has two videos on and about the transmission pan/filter replacement and fill and the post was "hijacked" by an individual endlessly asking for an video, in return, advice and experience was worded on the subject.

I thought that that I did one better by taking my time and post a simple explanation without having to revert to the original post by the OP.

I'll stay on my side of the street, from now on.
This thread has gotten a bit stupid with the dumb questions.I thank you for the help J, i was getting ready to walk away,as my patience was getting tested,so i appreciated your help
Thank-you J
Rick

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
You're inside the truck when you're going through the gears,and the driveshaft is spinning.Make sure the front tires are well chocked as J stated a few posts back,and you're using good quality 6 ton jackstands , leave your floorjack under the pumpkin with just a bit of weight on it,and you'll be fine.
At no point in time,should you be under the truck when the driveshaft/tires are spinning

Good info, but I don't seriously think giving anymore thought about the subject will matter.

Just a note about being safe and careful and "happy motoring" is sufficient enough.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Found a good two part video from Motor City Mechanic. Happy Watching !
Been several years since i watched his video's,but if i remember right,i don't think he levelled the transmission.
To make it easy post the links to his video's for everybody