Random Car Picture Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My old 68.Last one is when it had a SB and 671 blower on it.Great conversation piece,and worked awesome for picking up girls,lol

Attachments

• ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 7
  • ScannedImage-6.jpg
    ScannedImage-6.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 7
  • ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 7
  • ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4892 (2).JPG
    IMG_4892 (2).JPG
    182 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never noticed until today it had shaved handles. Was the gas cap shaved as well? Its hard to tell. I see the tail light bezels were color matched.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Oh, man. This brings me back to high school days...78,79,80. The parking lot was full of these. I wish I had appreciated them at the time because that part of the era will never come around again.

I did my part. Had a pinto wagon that I would sneak out to at lunch to hit a 3 foot long bong with a car full of friends and smokey windows.
My first car was a 1973 Pinto. Had it 5 days and totaled it out in a 3-car accident. Second car was a little better.

1717696208446.jpeg
1717696396115.jpeg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I never noticed until today it had shaved handles. Was the gas cap shaved as well? Its hard to tell. I see the tail light bezels were color matched.
O-yea it had a pile of body mods,lol. Every body seam on it was welded,door handles shaved,gas cap was relocated to the top of the drivers side 1/4,frenched power antenae,every part underneath it,i could unbolt and get in the chrome tank got chromed,including the front springs,the flairs were all handmade steel. All done long before there were kits to do things,lol. The doors used GM solenoids and a handmade pulley/cable set-up to open them,i used the back window switch out of a 70's Blazer frenched into the windshield cowl to trip them,turn the switch one way,it'd pop the drivers door,turn it the other way it popped the pass door.Great up until the car would get caught in the rain,and the switch would fill up with water,and quit working,after a couple of times of that happening,i added a master over ride button on the top of the grill,lol.The flairs were made of of 1/8" steel rod and narrow strips of 18G that were hand formed to fit the rod,all welded together using gas,as mig and tig weren't exactly common back in the late 70's. Had an old body man help me out,he let me use his shop after school hours,and he'd sit in a lawn chair drinking beer supervising me,while i did everything.I think i probably spent $4,000 on beer that winter.I don't really have any pics of the interior,but it was pretty trick to,we modified the low backs to be high backs,and i used the steering column out of a 69 Firebird,as the Pontiac column was tilt and you couldn't get a tilt wheel in a first gen Camaro.The rear spoiler was also a modified 71 Trans Am spoiler. The dash was modified extensively as i had a high end stereo (for the day),and the equalizer and radio sat basically were the ash tray was originally located,and everything was covered in plastic vinyl ,basically boat vinyl,including the head liner.
Car was featured in a couple early 80's hot rod mags.
I got a couple open liquor tickets,when i was 16,and had to work them off,through fine option,and one of the fine option programs was the local body shop,the old guy took a shine to me,and took me under his wing,and let me use his shop for close to a year,and was probably the biggest reason why it got done,he was always pushing me,lol.
At the time i was dating a young gal and her dad owned a plating shop,so i got the chrome plating for basically nothing,after the car was done,i broke up with her,as the car was picking up girls faster then i could date them,lol

Last edited:

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
My absolute favorite--1995 Thunderbird Super Coupe. Too bad it was totaled in an accident (not my fault).

I had a black 95. Fun little cars.

I had a '90 black Cougar XR7 as a demo, yes, it was a blast to drive. That got wrecked too. Donner or Blitzen was crossing the highway as the same time we were heading home from my parents house from Thanksgiving, he ran into the L/F fender and cartwheeled down the side, bending every side panel and the roof. Although it wasn't quite as fun as my '87 Turbo Coupe, or the SVO Mustang I had as a demo, those were spirited rides.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
O-yea it had a pile of body mods,lol. Every body seam on it was welded,door handles shaved,gas cap was relocated to the top of the drivers side 1/4,frenched power antenae,every part underneath it,i could unbolt and get in the chrome tank got chromed,including the front springs,the flairs were all handmade steel. All done long before there were kits to do things,lol. The doors used GM solenoids and a handmade pulley/cable set-up to open them,i used the back window switch out of a 70's Blazer frenched into the windshield cowl to trip them,turn the switch one way,it'd pop the drivers door,turn it the other way it popped the pass door.Great up until the car would get caught in the rain,and the switch would fill up with water,and quit working,after a couple of times of that happening,i added a master over ride button on the top of the grill,lol.The flairs were made of of 1/8" steel rod and narrow strips of 18G that were hand formed to fit the rod,all welded together using gas,as mig and tig weren't exactly common back in the late 70's. Had an old body man help me out,he let me use his shop after school hours,and he'd sit in a lawn chair drinking beer supervising me,while i did everything.I think i probably spent $4,000 on beer that winter.I don't really have any pics of the interior,but it was pretty trick to,we modified the low backs to be high backs,and i used the steering column out of a 69 Firebird,as the Pontiac column was tilt and you couldn't get a tilt wheel in a first gen Camaro.The dash was modified extensively as i had a high end stereo (for the day),and the equalizer and radio sat basically were the ash tray was originally located,and everything was covered in plastic vinyl ,basically boat vinyl,including the head liner.
Car was featured in a couple early 80's hot rod mags.
I got a couple open liquor tickets,when i was 16,and had to work them off,through fine option,and one of the fine option programs was the local body shop,the old guy took a shine to me,and took me under his wing,and let me use his shop for close to a year,and was probably the biggest reason why it got done,he was always pushing me,lol.
At the time i was dating a young gal and her dad owned a plating shop,so i got the chrome plating for basically nothing,after the car was done,i broke up with her,as the car was picking up girls faster then i could date them,lol
That is awesome! Great story! Why did you end up selling it?

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a '90 black Cougar XR7 as a demo, yes, it was a blast to drive. That got wrecked too. Donner or Blitzen was crossing the highway as the same time we were heading home from my parents house from Thanksgiving, he ran into the L/F fender and cartwheeled down the side, bending every side panel and the roof. Although it wasn't quite as fun as my '87 Turbo Coupe, or the SVO Mustang I had as a demo, those were spirited rides.
I always heard if you could get the SVO mustangs dialed in and keep them dialed in they were movers. Sad they only lasted 3 years.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
the car was picking up girls faster then i could date them,lol

LOL - that's actually how i met my wife. I lived about 2 hours north of here and came down to visit my sister a couple of weekends after i got out of the service. (that's actually her driveway my pic of the 'cuda was taken in). The next door neighbor was sitting on the porch swing when I pulled up. I got out of the car, didn't even know her name, and she hollers out, "When are you taking me out?" I replied, "7 o'clock". I'm fortunate that we're still going strong after 40 years.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
LOL - that's actually how i met my wife. I lived about 2 hours north of here and came down to visit my sister a couple of weekends after i got out of the service. (that's actually her driveway my pic of the 'cuda was taken in). The next door neighbor was sitting on the porch swing when I pulled up. I got out of the car, didn't even know her name, and she hollers out, "When are you taking me out?" I replied, "7 o'clock". I'm fortunate that we're still going strong after 40 years.
I knew my wifes sisters boyfriend,and we were going to a carshow,the sister asked if she could bring her younger sister along,being a young horndog,i said sure.Long story short,the sister came home with me that night and never left,lol.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Legend of Jim Morrison's night mist blue 1967 Mustang GT 500
After the release of The Door's self titled debut album. Apparently the executives at Electra Records were so happy with Morrison's work on the album that they awarded him with the brand new Ford Mustang. The mystery arises after an incident one night in Los Angeles when Morrison allegedly ran his new Mustang into a pole on Sunset Boulevard.
After hitting the pole Morrison allegedly walked up the street to The Whiskey A Go Go where the Doors had performed regularly helping to spread the word around Los Angeles about the popular band. Later that night when he returned to retrieve the car it had vanished. Some say that Morrison never looked into the car to find out where it was or who had towed it. Ever since then no one can truly say where the car is or if it has survived.
His GT500 was a little unusual in that it came with a parchment interior instead of black, the more common choice for a Nightmist Blue metallic body color. Morrison's GT500 also came with the early production twin driving lamps paired close together in the center of the grille.
Morrison's ownership of the car was shared with the accounting firm who handled the Doors finances. The California State Vehicle Registration shows James Douglas Morrison's name on top with "care of Johnson/Harbrand" below. Johnson/Harbrand was a chartered accounting firm and it exists today as Johnson/Harbrand/Foster/Davis. The registration paper was dated April 30th, 1969 and revealed the licence plate was VRD 389.
Shelby American Auto Club (SAAC) 1967 Shelby registrar, Dave Matthews. Dave was very forthcoming and believes the car was destroyed by October 1969. Dave has no details on the accident other than as registrar he has never seen a car with Morrison's VIN number appear.441926083_122130767990257458_7593517894780429396_n.jpeg