RealTruck, Gator FX Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Laramie Night Edition
Engine
HEMI 5.7L eTorque
Howdy 5th Gen world!

I just picked up a 2024 Laramie Night Edition with MFT. I’m looking at tonneau covers that will fit. Gator FX is on the list. My concern are these corners at the front of the bed. Anyone know if they’ll be an issue?

Attachments

• IMG_3765.jpeg
    IMG_3765.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 15

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've bought & installed 3 hard tri-fold and hard roll-up tonneau covers on 3 different trucks and they all had a knob-type screw to secure the cover at the front of the bed pretty much where those supports are. I can only suggest contacting Gator customer support, as the manufactures could tell you exactly where the knobs fall. Sorry for the answer that didn't tell you much...

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L eTorque
I've bought & installed 3 hard tri-fold and hard roll-up tonneau covers on 3 different trucks and they all had a knob-type screw to secure the cover at the front of the bed pretty much where those supports are. I can only suggest contacting Gator customer support, as the manufactures could tell you exactly where the knobs fall. Sorry for the answer that didn't tell you much...
No worries, I have since bought and installed the cover. Everything worked out fine. The only issue I’m having now is missing drain cups… RealTruck is working the problem on their end to have the manufacturer send me the cups. Still waiting..

Last edited:

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok. Just for future knowledge...the cover installed without issue with those corner braces?

OP
OP
Jrod

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L eTorque
Ok. Just for future knowledge...the cover installed without issue with those corner braces?
Yes, the bed cover rails are cut to fit around and over the corners. The cover is configured with brackets to utilize the corners in order to lock it down on that end. You just need to make sure you do two things. First, make sure you select with MFT when ordering. Second, don't install the cover without making sure you have all your parts like I did... This will void the return policy with RealTruck.. Now I'm at their mercy waiting to receive the drain cups necessary to install the drain tubes under the corners.. It's been five days and still no shipment nor ETA for my missing parts..