Rear LED Light Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a run, brake, turn, reverse light bar just under the tailgate on mine. Once in awhile I get a reverse light out message. Not sure if it the canbus or not good connection. I just haven't had time to check. I also installed bright LED bulbs in the stock reverse lamps.

WILE E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How is the quality of the Nilight lights? Do they seem well-made? Are they pretty solid? Glass lenses? Just curious as I have been wanting to order some.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like that exhaust clamp idea on the hitch, but I just used a couple of galvanized brackets from Home Depot.

A31AA054-F61C-46D0-80C2-64B6A3C971A2.jpeg 2B6DB619-BCA4-4BBA-A2AD-3F19B8FB6CF9.jpeg 7270174D-2BC5-4E04-A065-5DF5A7D1F508.jpeg

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some nice light setups here...to me, the ones either integrated into the bumper or really tucked under (the way smoothee has his) make much more sense for a truck since there's little chance they'll get knocked off by something.

I've been debating the light bar/cube setup for awhile now, but I think I'll start with these backup bulbs from Diode Dynamics. I figure 510 lumens each ought be enough...if not, maybe I shouldn't be backing up!

BTW, if y'all haven't heard of DD, give 'em try; those folks make quality kit right here in the USA and they've got the science behind their bulbs and lights, too. Not many (if any) import brands can say that...and no, I've no affiliation with the company.

TXCOMT

Last edited:

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the clean looks of the lights that are cut into the bumper. On my previous trucks I would do that with the 6" oval lights and the rubber boots.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got one of these waiting for me to install once my truck gets back from the body shop. Getting the light up higher with a downward angle helps a lot to get rid of shadows much like the concept of running ditch lights with A pillar mounts (Also on my todo list once my switches from 4th gen ram electronics get here). In conjunction with the bright LED's in the stock location, 6" LED ovals in the Ranch hand, and the 6" LED ovals in the magnum rack it should be pretty damn bright back there. Plus having a work light on the back of your truck does come in handy.

https://magnumtruckracks.com/shop/truck-rack-accessories/13-led-spotflood-combination-light-bar

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
20160403_142123_zpsowuartdh.jpg
Old picture but still on the truck

DAMN!! that’s a lotta light there. The 2 lights are freakin bright!
I mounted the switch on the small panel below the headlight switch.
Christmas evening on the way home and hit it with my knee getting in and didn’t realize it till I was 20 miles from my cousins house. I felt sorry for the people behind me.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I mounted two cheap 7" bars as backup lights and tapped onto the backup light wiring at the rear of the truck. Working fine, no problems.
We welded tabs onto the hitch tube to get the lights up high and further back. Here's a pic of the radio screen at night.

Backup-Lights-via-Dash-Screen.png

Backup-Lights-Mounted.png

I wish my display was that clear. Not sure why, but mine looks great, and the display adjusts itself, and everything gets grainy.

OP
OP
AKArmendariz

AKArmendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How is the quality of the Nilight lights? Do they seem well-made? Are they pretty solid? Glass lenses? Just curious as I have been wanting to order some.

They appear to be a thick plastic lens but I could be wrong. Exterior quality of the housing is well put together with silicone at the wiring base of each unit. Had them through thick snow and ice this past weekend and had no issues with the construction or durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AKArmendariz

AKArmendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update for everyone, went out of town and now that I’m back the wiring harness is in and ready to be put together. Have to do some customization on the wiring harness as it was not long enough with the two leads to reach the battery. I Ordered a toggle switch for them instead of using the standard cheap switch. Will advise once it’s all put together. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudweiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My set up, wired into tail 4ACDD631-DC35-4A5C-A11B-F686FEB54B7E.png My set up, wired into tail light harness. Pods light up when truck is put in reverse. Added Led replacements to tail lights also. Plenty of light output at night. Like the small led bars in this thread also

Reactions: JB1