Replaced delaminated connect 8.4 SL01 LCD with an SL03 and image is off center...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jugernot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I replaced my transplanted 2018 Uconnect 8.4 UAQ SL01 screen with a new SL03 (from eBay) and the image is approx .25" offset to the left. This cuts off temp and other things on the display for the driver.

I've confirmed 100% it's not mounted off center in either the radio frame or the dash mount..... I know that isn't the problem.

Any idea how I get it centered?

See attached images.

Attachments

• 1000001195.jpg
    1000001195.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1000001196.jpg
    1000001196.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
J

jugernot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
One thought, I didn't disconnect the battery.... Before/after removal or reinstall. Would that do anything?

Update: pulled the battery negative lead for a minute... No change

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I replaced my transplanted 2018 Uconnect 8.4 UAQ SL01 screen with a new SL03 (from eBay) and the image is approx .25" offset to the left. This cuts off temp and other things on the display for the driver.

I've confirmed 100% it's not mounted off center in either the radio frame or the dash mount..... I know that isn't the problem.

Any idea how I get it centered?

See attached images.
I believe it is the screen itself (manufacturing defect) and will need to be exchanged/returned. I recently tried to help someone else with the same issue.

OP
OP
J

jugernot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
In this case, I guess I'll deal with it as it's been too long to return it to the seller.

It's better than the delaminated screen I suppose.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
In this case, I guess I'll deal with it as it's been too long to return it to the seller.

It's better than the delaminated screen I suppose.
You can try all the usual things like upgrading firmware and such, but that didn't do anything for the last person I saw with this (and you are only the second one I've seen). I guess there was just a bad batch, but it also looks like your screen colors are off (too red). One thing I don't think was tried was switching the video cable that goes from the screen to the main board. That ribbon cable is actually replaceable (the digitizer one is not). Did yours come with the removeable ribbon cable?

OP
OP
J

jugernot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Nope, I used the factory cable.

As far as colors, it's actually fine, it's just the photo at dusk.

I've been hesitant on upgrading the firmware, as I've read many bricked units during the upgrades. It's actually something I've been wanting to do because my factory nav doesn't loading either (just sits on loading screen)...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Nope, I used the factory cable.

As far as colors, it's actually fine, it's just the photo at dusk.

I've been hesitant on upgrading the firmware, as I've read many bricked units during the upgrades. It's actually something I've been wanting to do because my factory nav doesn't loading either (just sits on loading screen)...
Well if you decide to do the firmware just shoot me a PM and I'll set you up...

yogibear18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boy you got lucky, I tried doing mine and f’kd up ended up buying a new replacement not cheap