Seat heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 1500 RT and it has heated seats and the driver side is having a problem. I haven't had any problems with it before but the driver seat heater comes on for about a second then shuts off. The passenger side is working fine. Can someone give me an idea what to look for to see if I can get it working again? Nothing else is having a problem on that control panel.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds like a short somewhere. It could be the heating element in the seat, a broken ground, shorted power wire, etc..

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Most common issues are the heated seat pad themselves. You can try checking the resistance of the pads at their connectors, if one is open or has a large difference in resistance compared to the others it’s likely the issue.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, just as said above there is a short or high resistance somewhere in the system. The controller will turn off power to the heated seats to basically prevent something from catching on fire. Pretty common for the heating element within the seat to be the issue.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's probably a relay too a guy can swap. But yeah, best would be to unplug a harness to the pad and ohm-out the wires. There's a free-manual you can download if you search this site. Read up on it. Or scour Youtube for an hour or so.