Sold the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally got tired of the dealer's BS. Sold the truck for a Ford Eco boost. I hope I didn't make a mistake. I loved the Ram, never a problem, recalls with a month long wait to service made me think what would happen if I had a mechanical problem.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Hope that you like the Ford better, good luck and let us know how Ford dealers are :)

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope you did your research on fords, i hope it all works out for you...good luck!

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can see why this would happen.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally got tired of the dealer's BS. Sold the truck for a Ford Eco boost. I hope I didn't make a mistake. I loved the Ram, never a problem, recalls with a month long wait to service made me think what would happen if I had a mechanical problem.

Problem with that logic is, with recalls, everyone is needing the same work done....with repairs, usually it's just you.

So the wait for parts isn't anywhere near as long when 1 truck needs it vs 100,000 trucks needing it.

But good luck with your choice......

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Sounds to me like someone wanted to justify a new truck. As noted above, recalls are not an indication of a serious problem. If it was they would have instructed people not to drive their vehicles until the fix is applied.

Good luck with the new ride and it’s comforting to know you had zero issues with your RAM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thing that put me over the edge was:
I brought my truck in at 8am for a u74 recall.It was a software update. the service writer said it would take 2 1/2 hrs. I came back at 1:00pm. They said it was not ready and they would call me. No call, Went back at 4pm. They said that he went to a dentist appointment. The truck was not ready!

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Understood. This is proof that dealers who don't treat customers well lose them. As well as the brand. Now that you're moving on you should report this to FCA. Not that they'll care, but, if you're not being treated well, and it's reflecting on the brand, how many others aren't being treated well that could be affecting the brand?

OP
OP
G

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, good luck to you all. The truck is a great truck. If they straighten out the dealership, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In life if you use business and the operator doesn't not operate that business in a fashion you like then you try another that suits your needs. You obviously didn't like the dealer you used, so why not try another RAM dealer instead of throwing out the baby with the bath water?

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly all 3 brands make good and comparable trucks. Ford, Chevy and Ram.

I probably would’ve tried another dealer before trading in the truck but I get it.

It all comes down to preference and based on this guys local experience he’s moving on and that’s fine. I’m not brand loyal and don’t care so hopefully it works out well and I’m sure it will.

Each time I buy a truck I look at all 3 and pick whichever suits my needs based on the available model years at that given time.

Ram happened to win this time and I’m happy with it for now.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not brand loyal either. My last truck was an F150 and I had no problems with it.

I don't worry about recalls nowadays because every manufacturer has lots of them because of the increased liability of ignoring potential problems like they all did in the not too distant back.

Manufacturers sticking their heads in the sand no longer cuts it in our society nowadays.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Crazy to hear about such bad experiences at the dealerships. Was just at mine this morning for a state inspection and oil change (both free). I also talked with my service manager about a few places on my steering wheel that the leather was cracking. They approved the repair no questions asked. He also told me I have 6 recalls on my truck and that they would need it for a few days but would give me a loaner truck (not car) while the work is being done. I had a 7am appointment and was out the door by 930. Guess that's why I have purchased 3 vehicles from them!

2016 2500 CC BigHorn 6.7 CTD w/ 30k miles

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Seems a little extreme especially since you mentioned you loved the truck and never had a problem with it. To each his own. As others have said, recalls are volume-based and aren't a priority - but to your point a dealership should provide a good service no matter why the truck is there.
Good luck with the 150 - my brother in law has one and it's nice but I think Ram just has a bit more over them in both looks and performance - personal opinion, of course.
I guess I'm a bit spoiled having 14 Ram dealerships in a 50 mile radius. One is my trusted "buy/trade dealer" about 20 miles away and one is 5 min away which I use for recalls.

I know...I'm :beatdeadhorse5:

By the way, I'm surprised the "PETA Police" allow the use of this emoticon. Wonder if they're protesting about it somewhere, LOL.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
I think that a great majority of us here hate our ram dealers. But we're still forced to deal with them because it's not that easy to simply go and switch out a truck to another one, primarily because you'll loose tons of money every time you set foot in ANY dealership.

Life isn't perfect, and ****** dealerships are just a part of many challenges that we overcome in life (same as having to deal with difficult people at work when you can't simply not deal with them). We learn how to deal with these small challenges and learn from them.

There's no guarantee that the Ford dealership won't be as bad as your ram dealer, and you already lost thousands $ on trade in of your new ram and on purchase of another new truck.

No offense but I first thought that you're trolling as your logic for getting rid of the new ram truck and into Ford truck because of such minor nuisance doesn't justify such drastic action.

cubmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Ram is running fine without the recalls being fixed. I am willing to wait for a couple of months for Recall repairs. When I take it in to be repaired for any other issue they jump right on it and I am satisfied.
But to each his own. I have had all five brand trucks and have had problems with each. Matter of fact one of my best friends owns a Chevy, GMC, and Nissan dealership. So I know that all brands have problems with recall parts.

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My buddy traded in his 17’ 3500 Laramie because he got tired of the dealerships jerking him around over little issues. He traded it for a Ford, hes been happy so far

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum