Sold the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigg-p

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can somewhat relate. I had a '14 Ram CC 4WD Laramie 5.7. I had an issue where my truck would not start out of the Blue. I was approximately 2 hrs from home. Thankfully, I still had a couple of weeks left on my warranty. Called Chrysler, got approved for the warranty/tow. Six weeks later, I got my truck back. They said that I kicked that plug on the Driver's Side floorboard and separated it just enough to cause it to lose enough power to not start. Every so often, I would go to use the cruise control and/or tow/haul and they would not work. Also, some of the lights in that area wouldn't work. By this time, my warranty had expired. For me, I wasn't comfortable with it due to my traveling often and didn't want to be stranded, or my wife being stranded somewhere. I traded it I for a '13 F150 Limited. I loved it at first, but miss my Ram!! The ride, power and fuel economy isn't the same. What I do like about the Ford is the interior space. Reminds me of the Mega Cab, but without the reclining seats. With all that said, I miss my Ram. As nice as the F150's are, to me, the Rams have an edge up in my book

Sorry for this time you won't get back.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
When they find the problem, post it. There are lots of guys on this forum that would love to have the CEL that kills MDS....:D

In my case, the Active Grille Shutters crapped out... Parts are on order (dunno the exact code, though.)

Last edited:

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know how you like that EB- And thank god you didn’t go buy a titan or a Tundra, then again I would love to hear the experaince with those two trucks.

Wm Howes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
FCA won't care. I like my Ram, but FCA customer care sucks

PerfectCreature

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an F-150 before getting the Ram, but it was totaled in a car accident. I went with Ram solely for the fact it was no frills and a solid deal with a warranty. Both dealership have great customer service and I think that is the most important. You buy into the dealership not necessarily the brand.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
If you liked the truck and it was doing you good, maybe should have tried another dealer or two. I guess unless there are literally no others around you. Sounds pretty extreme that one guy who sucks at his job made you abandon a brand you liked.

I know people and family who drive various brands domestic and import and the whole lot of them have at least one horror story to tell about a dealer experience. With recall work or PM. You are dealing with dealerships out to make money no matter what brand you have. A lot of them are over worked and/or hire people who don’t really care about the fact that they are working on someone else’s property. But this is not true of all.

It sucks but you have to look around to find a good service department. And even if you do things can always change as people come and go. This is the case with all brands IMO. Personally I use a couple of different Mopar dealers in my area and have never had a problem with either of them. Wait times have always been acceptable or better than, and I’ve never had an issue with how they’ve treated my vehicles. From Ram to SRT. Just my experience.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Let us know how you like that EB- And thank god you didn’t go buy a titan or a Tundra, then again I would love to hear the experaince with those two trucks.

If I were looking at other than ram trucks, for whatever reason, the first truck I would look at is the Nissan XD with the Cummins.

Last edited:

tidefan1967

Reaction score
I personally love my local FORD dealers service department and despise every aspect of all the local CDJR dealers to the point of where I drove half away across the state to buy my current RAM. I like the F150 but there’s no way in hell I would spend the extra $15K to get a FORD with the same options. Also there’s no way in hell I want to go back to that rough ride and hardass seats again either.

OP
OP
G

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far(1000 miles) I like it more. I've had 4 Rams:2013 2500 mega, 2015 1500 Ecodiesel,2016 Longhorn ecodiesel,2016 Laramie 5.7hemi. Time will tell.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Problem with that logic is, with recalls, everyone is needing the same work done....with repairs, usually it's just you.

So the wait for parts isn't anywhere near as long when 1 truck needs it vs 100,000 trucks needing it.

But good luck with your choice......

Awesome!! Totally well said. I'm guessing a lot of people don't understand that simple logic.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
So far(1000 miles) I like it more. I've had 4 Rams:2013 2500 mega, 2015 1500 Ecodiesel,2016 Longhorn ecodiesel,2016 Laramie 5.7hemi. Time will tell.
OP, glad to hear that you like Ford better.

Now I figured you out. I shouldn't be surprised that you changed out your truck because of a bad dealership experience... You change them out twice a year anyway! (had to say this :)

Good luck and thank you for sharing your experience.

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I personally love my local FORD dealers service department and despise every aspect of all the local CDJR dealers to the point of where I drove half away across the state to buy my current RAM. I like the F150 but there’s no way in hell I would spend the extra $15K to get a FORD with the same options. Also there’s no way in hell I want to go back to that rough ride and hardass seats again either.
Absolutely on point here. I ended up buying a 2018 ED Ram two days ago because all the Ford half ton diesels were 65k plus. Not worth it at all considering an F250 would be the same price with a larger diesel.

You are also spot on regarding the rougher ride and HARD seats. lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
The biggest problem with the F150 is the freezing locks. They have tried two different fixes and it is still occurring for some people. I believe they now have a third fix that adds some type of water shield on the locks. This is something that only affects those in really cold climates.

The issue is that the locks/cable freeze and you cannot open the doors. If you do open the door, it may not close afterward. Tons of info on this all over the internet. Lot of truck buy backs too. I live in GA so I never had the issue on either of my new gen F150s.

The waiting list on these recalls was months deep because of the lack of parts.

Changing brands will not avoid this type of warranty aggravation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an F-150 before getting the Ram, but it was totaled in a car accident. I went with Ram solely for the fact it was no frills and a solid deal with a warranty. Both dealership have great customer service and I think that is the most important. You buy into the dealership not necessarily the brand.
Not me. I buy the brand then select the dealer to service it.

I have to live with the vehicle 100% of the time. I only need to live with the dealer 1% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Have fun with your Found On Road Dead vehicle. I have owned many FORDs and boy they always let me down and friends. Make Decent Diesel though heheh. Sorry you had a ******* of a dealer thats bs

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I finally got tired of the dealer's BS. Sold the truck for a Ford Eco boost. I hope I didn't make a mistake. I loved the Ram, never a problem, recalls with a month long wait to service made me think what would happen if I had a mechanical problem.
This is FCA biggest problem, losing customers because of crap service departments. Doesn't really matter, another government bail out is right around the corner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum