Speakers option to upgrade the base 6 speakers system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
That's what I have. You can use on factory speakers for now. Then when you change speakers, just retune it...takes 5 minutes.
I would LOVE to hear the difference you think it made. I have been trying to get some people's opinions about it but they are hard to find! Where did you mount yours?

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I also had the Kicker Key amp installed, makes a huge difference and that's with the stock speakers. I went bi-amped and will keep the factory speakers until I either a) blow them out or b) l I figure out what to replace them with (front dash) without having to **** around with resistors and such. 8 ohm speakers seem to be elusive.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I would LOVE to hear the difference you think it made. I have been trying to get some people's opinions about it but they are hard to find! Where did you mount yours?
Under the dash, the VSS Kicker system has a bracket that mounts under the dash, I used that bracket.
Next step is to add Kicker QSC694's in doors, and a 25mm silk dome tweeter, and bi-amp, use the KEY as a pre-amp so I retain DSP.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I also had the Kicker Key amp installed, makes a huge difference and that's with the stock speakers. I went bi-amped and will keep the factory speakers until I either a) blow them out or b) l I figure out what to replace them with (front dash) without having to **** around with resistors and such. 8 ohm speakers seem to be elusive.
If you keep it bi-amped to front, you can use 4ohm speakers in door and dash, the DSP will pad down the dash.
How mine currently is.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you keep it bi-amped to front, you can use 4ohm speakers in door and dash, the DSP will pad down the dash.
How mine currently is.
Thanks for the heads up, I might end up doing this sooner rather than later!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum