Starter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob09Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Need some help, I put a 5.7 in my 09 Ram, it’s taken about a month and a half being that I’m doing it in my spare time, I’m putting the starter back in and I don’t know where one of the wires goes, one is a push on clip, that’s easy enough, one is the hot wire from the battery, I know where that goes, but one is a round block looking thing (in my hand in the pic) and I can’t remember where that goes, any help is appreciated. *it doesn’t fit on anything on the starter and the wire is a little longer than the others, almost like it’s a ground.

Attachments

• IMG_6361.jpeg
    IMG_6361.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6360.jpeg
    IMG_6360.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 9

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Need some help, I put a 5.7 in my 09 Ram, it’s taken about a month and a half being that I’m doing it in my spare time, I’m putting the starter back in and I don’t know where one of the wires goes, one is a push on clip, that’s easy enough, one is the hot wire from the battery, I know where that goes, but one is a round block looking thing (in my hand in the pic) and I can’t remember where that goes, any help is appreciated. *it doesn’t fit on anything on the starter and the wire is a little longer than the others, almost like it’s a ground.
It's the knock sensor wire,it doesn't go on the starter.Don't over torque it when you put it back on the sensor,as they don't like being over torqued